Early termination

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by ry4n0, May 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I signed off back in sept 2012 and I recently had a job offer and took it.
    This was 3 weeks ago so I put in all my resettlement and annual leave which take me to mid June and also put in a letter for early termination of service. My CO has approved and so have Glasgow however it's now with I believe DMA? Something like that. I actually started the job last Monday but I still have heard if I have been excepted for early termination.

Please can someone tell me what I can or should be doing to help this process?

Thanks

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Ryan,
    You cannot do anything to help the process, DM(A) is Director Manning (Army), they have the final say as to whether you can be released early.
    I can tell you what you should not be doing:

1. Working whilst still employed by the MOD.
    2. Assuming that you will actually be accepted for early release.

Having said that, I started work three months before my last day of Service and DM(A) will almost certainly rubber stamp the decision by your CO and Glasgow.

Good luck.

Shiny

3. Thanks for the reply. It was a job opportunity of a lifetime so I couldn't afford not to start.
    Is there someone on DM(A) I can contact as it has been over 3 weeks since it was faxed off to them? I'm guessing its a big no no to contact them but I need to know.

Thanks

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

4. I suggest you approach your CoC and ask them to chase it.

Be aware that you are likely to be stung for a higher amount of income tax. Make sure you tell HMRC when you get your final months wages from the MOD, they should be able to re adjust your Tax Code.

Shiny

5. Hi. Where can I find the procedure for early release - I've searched DII and asked a couple of Combat HR but so far, nothing. Can anyone PM me a link or give me some direction - I may have to apply for early release if my ducks line up correctly, and want to know in advance what the score is.

Cheers in advance...?

6. There is a policy letter on this which includes an application form. Your RCMO should have it.