• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Early Release

Afternoon all,

Could someone still serving please let me know what the current rules are surrounding early release if the soldier has a firm job offer and has already put in their NTT?

Many thanks

Berlin

It’s up to the CO/Glasgow.
Thank you - however, is it time limited? For instance, if the soldiers discharge date is 1 Feb and they received a firm job offer for an immediate start during the spring/summer of the previous year would they be allowed to leave early? What I'm getting at is, is there a detailed policy or is it merely a one-liner saying it is at the CO's discretion?

The reason I'm asking is that we have just interviewed someone for a position who is a perfect fit and the only sticking point is their potential start date with us.

It’s up to the CO/Glasgow.
Thank you - however, is it time limited? For instance, if the soldiers discharge date is 1 Feb and they received a firm job offer for an immediate start during the spring/summer of the previous year would they be allowed to leave early? What I'm getting at is, is there a detailed policy or is it merely a one-liner saying it is at the CO's discretion?

The reason I'm asking is that we have just interviewed someone for a position who is a perfect fit and the only sticking point is their potential start date with us.
There is a policy, I terminated in March and was out in the August. I was on VENG and suddenly thought "this is shit " and terminated. A quick word with the CO and I de-kitted, booked resettlement and was basically a civvy from then on in. The policy was mentioned, "impact on unit, manning, replacement etc ". The fact I had a job offer helped as it was mentioned that if I hadn't had one I wouldn't be able to leave until the Dec .

The latest ABN on this was from 2016 and only covered the period 6 Dec 16 to 6 Feb 17. It stated this:

Under normal circumstances personnel should expect to serve their full notice period[1] and that an offer of future employment is not grounds alone for early release.

[1] Depending on commission/ engagement type, this is typically either 7 or 12 months for officers, and 6 or 12 months for soldiers.

It is upto the Service Leaver ultimately, he has to convince his CO to endorse his application for early release. APC will only agree if the CO can stand the gap. There are a multitude of what can help and what can stop the early release. Good luck to him.

Latest Threads