Early release!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Sausageandbeans, Dec 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true you can get early release if you have got an apprenticeship lined up in civvi street? I'm just asking as i have done nearly 5 years of service andI'm trying to get an apprenticeship with British gas.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. If you have a confirmed job offer you can apply to your CO for early release.

There's no guarantee you'll get it - it depends on how important you are to the unit, whether they can do without you until they get a replacement, etc.

Ask your CofC for details.
  3. As JBM says, if you have a valid reason for early release the CO may grant it. I was out within 6 weeks of applying. Lost all my gardening leave and resettlement but wasn't arsed.
  4. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

One of the lads left to go to British Gas. Was back within two years saying it was a shite decision for a variety of reasons. Good lad, hard worker, but apparently they're ********* to work for and the job was bollocks.
  5. during the 7 clicks for freedom on JPA, it asks if you would like to be released early? this is where you input the requested exit date from the service. or speak to the AGC(SPS) Det Comd/RCMO or Adjt to submitt a letter of early realease via the CO to the Manning Div in Glasgow, they then speak to Director Manning (Army) and they have the final authority on discharge.
  6. You're better off getting your resettlement done as early as possible and then asking for early release when you've taken the Army for as much as you can get out of them. Otherwise you lose a lot of resettlement benefits by taking the release.