Early Release Prisoners

I heard on the news the weekend that early release prisoners will be compensated £10.00 per day till the end of their sentence, this is to help with food and housing.

Fcuking compensation. They did do a crime! Did they have to pay compensation to their victims? I seriously doubt it.

Are you sure it's for 'compensation'? I thought it was because prisoners on early release aren't entitled to benefits until their original release date.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
MyssL said:
Are you sure it's for 'compensation'? I thought it was because prisoners on early release aren't entitled to benefits until their original release date.
Quite right too!

A: They should not be released early - you do the crime, you do the time.
B: Why the hell should they get anything even if they are released early? They have not been released from their sentence, just prison.

Why not take all the Early Release Prisoners.....most are Brits.....it appears we are taking all the crap of Europe....so if we have to take shite...lets take British shite....

Biped said:
MyssL said:
Quite right too!

A: They should not be released early - you do the crime, you do the time.
B: Why the hell should they get anything even if they are released early? They have not been released from their sentence, just prison.
I quite agree tbh, but I just thought the use of the word compensation bought a whole different view to why they were getting this money.

No the words used was Compensate, for the loss of board and lodgings.

I'll see if I can find a link.

Chevy, I stand corrected!! :wink:

Hold on, I've just read "Compensated for the loss of bed and board..."..... wtf? They're being compensated for being released early from the cell containing the 'bed and board'? 8O I wonder how much it costs per day to hold these prisoners back in their cell?

You really could'nt make it up......