Early release during NTT

Chaps,
What the score with early release during the NTT period. I may have a firm job offer soon, but still have 9 months to push. My RAWO seems to think it's on a case by case basis with the ultimate seal of approval given by the CO/Army Manning. Ive 27 years under my belt, but guess that wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

Smudge

PG is right. Case by case basis. One of my lads was just given early release last week, 3 months signed off. Firm job offer too. Your unit may have to take the hit until a replacement can be found. Even if your CO supports it Glasgow have the final say. Good luck.

Whilst I understand that early release is taken on a case by case basis, I too am struggling to understand it !

I an within my 22nd year in the army and have terminated on JPA, my final date in the army is December this year, I have just completed the process to become a prison officer and I expect my starting date will be before my final date in the army , my ARCMO has told me if I take early release I loose my pension lump sum as I won't have completed 22 years, is this true !!

Whilst I understand that early release is taken on a case by case basis, I too am struggling to understand it !

I an within my 22nd year in the army and have terminated on JPA, my final date in the army is December this year, I have just completed the process to become a prison officer and I expect my starting date will be before my final date in the army , my ARCMO has told me if I take early release I loose my pension lump sum as I won't have completed 22 years, is this true !!
@Dan957,
If you leave (authorised by CO and Army Manning) within 3 months of your 22, you can get your full pension rights as at 22 Years.

From Queen's Regulations (Chapter 9 Para 400) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/433769/QR_Army.pdf
upload_2017-2-20_12-35-47.png

From Army Pension Warrant 1977 (Part 3. 7. Article 146) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...le/207837/ArmyPensionWarrantAmdt40Change4.pdf
upload_2017-2-20_12-46-39.png