Early PPP advice

Good evening,

Haven't been on here for a long time, hoping for some advice. I have been assigned to a new unit (directed posting) and hating every second - trying to give it a chance but things don't seem to be improving and as much as I want it to work, I need to think about my family and my own career first.

I have heard that I can submit a PPP six months after arriving at a new unit, is this actually true or just army rumours? I can't find anything in any JSP about it and haven't been able to find anything on here.

Much obliged for any assistance.

Good evening,

Haven't been on here for a long time, hoping for some advice. I have been assigned to a new unit (directed posting) and hating every second - trying to give it a chance but things don't seem to be improving and as much as I want it to work, I need to think about my family and my own career first.

I have heard that I can submit a PPP six months after arriving at a new unit, is this actually true or just army rumours? I can't find anything in any JSP about it and haven't been able to find anything on here.

You can put in a PPP but the army is under no obligation to act on it.

Good evening,

Although after a directed posting your PPP should be given priority.
However, 'the needs of the army' and all that.

Tread a careful path though, if you’re proper threaders don’t whinge to your CoC as this will paint you in a bad light and affect people’s opinon of you. Leave because you want to go somewhere to develop, not because you want out of that unit, and make sure that’s articulated when you submit a PPP. So think of a course/trade you want to do (P-Coy, AACC,ATR etc). Don’t just go anywhere that’s not where you are.

If you have to stay, make the best of a bad lot, volunteer to run AT, sport; basically anything that will get you out of there (but will also look good on a SJAR).

Some postings you just have to suck up, but try and make the best of it.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Juniors 7
J The Intelligence Cell 2
Berlin_104s Jobs (Discussion) 5