Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Early leavers pension query

Hi. Hope someone can give me a straight answer to this.
My father-in-law has just died (aged 53). He did 10 years service in 70s-80s.
He wasn't the best at keeping his financial papers in order and his missus needs to know if she would be eligible for any pension.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Pete

Pete,

This link
AFPS 75 - Families Benefits
takes you to the AFPS 75 family booklet, in short she should be entitled to something, what exactly depends on a number of factors, have a look at the booklet - page 17 then ask her to give the veterans section of spva a bell on: 0800 169 2277 or JPAC on 0800 085 3600 - she will need as much information about him as possible - date of birth, army number, cap badge, dates of service, date of death. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any further advice.

PW

Thanks PW
will let you know how we get on.
Great site by the way. Haven't served myself but know a couple of mates who have and will be mentioning this site to them.
Cheers
Pete

They are very helpful and extremely efficient, even phone contact is pain free. If you could make sure his missus has a bank account payments can be made direct, the other option being to accept Paymaster's Drafts and use the first (which will include any back payments due) to open an account for her.