Early Discharge (3 Months) to take up job offer

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by JuniorBod, Oct 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any truth that if you are coming up to your 22 year point and have a firm job offer you can leave up to 3 months early without loss of pension rights?

Grateful for any advice on this matter.

If I've posted it in the wrong place (? RHQ Maybe) can a MOD please move it as appropriate.

2. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Yes this is true. However, bear in mind that one of these months is your terminal leave so technically it is only 2 months early. You should also note that if you haven't done your Resettlement already (and remember this is 7 weeks) then you will lose this entitlement as well. There goes your 3 months! Much better, in my opinion, to take your Resettlement as IRT (Buckshee leave effectively) and try to run this into your terminal leave.

Something to think on, but if you are still interested then please let me know and I will dig out chapter and verse.
  3. S_Y,

Sorry to ask but can you find chapter and verse. I am leaving next year and am at a rmte location without any "easily" reacable AGC?Education center help.

Ta for the help

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

How long will you have done by the time you get out OB?
  5. S_Y

Thanks for the info

I would be grateful if you could get the rules and regs as well. I am due out in Apr 06 after 22 years; I take it from your post that you forfeit your terminal leave for the privilege of an early 'get out of jail free card'.

Can the ‘powers that be’ block this on the old ‘exigencies of the service’ card?

If I’m lucky I can just squeeze in a resettlement course and owed leave :)

Ta Muchly

(Edited twice for being a mong on sunday)
  6. 23 years plus 2 as a boy soldier.
  7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

No probs folks, it's in QR's and I'll dig it out tomorrow.
  8. I did it and got permission from my OC to start a job in Afghanistan. No penalties to my pension either. 23 years service. Sorry I can't help with the regs though don't have any out here am afraid.

9. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Apologies for not posting the reference yet. Just back from leave and still at the 'can't really be arrsed' stage. I will get it by the end of this week though!
  10. No worries.

Found the info in QRs 9.400g.

But cant seem to get hold of the rest of the info which is in Art 146 of the Army Pensions Warrant 1977, is it on line or has it been superseded by something else?

11. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

That's the feller.

Sorry I didn't bring the script from the Pensions Warrant. Simply because I looked at it today and it basically just reproduces the above, i.e. you can apply to leave 3 months early.

I can quote it 'chapter and verse' for you if you like (probably tomorrow), but the above extract from QR's is the authority that you require

Hope this helps.
  12. Ta muchly S_Y

If the script in the Pensions Warrant is the same as the info in QRs then no probs. I was just a tad concerned that the sneaky burgers may have a shedload of caveats hidden in the Pensions Warrant that no one can access cos its stored on a long forgotten server in deepest darkest Worthy Down... 8O

or is that just the normal healthy paranoia of a 22 year man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again