Early Day Motion Support from our Members of Parliament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by geezer466, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ROYAL BRITISH LEGION'S MILITARY COVENANT CAMPAIGN

Signed by 145 Members..

HONOUR THE BRAVE CAMPAIGN

Signed by 180 Members..

And Non Military Motions..

POLICE OFFICER PAY SETTLEMENT

Signed by 150 Members..

MASS EXTINCTION OF AMPHIBIANS

Signed by 148 Members..

OPEN UNIVERSITY

Signed by 190 Members..

FAREPAK

Signed by 183 Members..

CHEN GUANG CHENG

Signed by 153 Members..

Quite clearly all these motions are worthy of support and I do not intend to distract from any of them.

On the other hand The House of Commons currently has 646 members from all the constituencies up and down the Country..

Why is it the Motions that directly support our service people or the charitable functions behind the support of our services can only muster less that a third of support from our elected members.

No to put to fine a point upon it but it would seem more of these elected members consider the jailing of a Chinese human rights activist a more worthy cause than the support of our own Troops.

The priorities of our MP's are quite clearly not in the right place. I would urge all arrse'rs to get onto their own MP's and give them a kick ***********..

Full List of Early Day Motions Here

2. I see Michael Mates has signed. IMHO that bloke has always been slightly dodgy and a tad walty. The libel laws prohibit me from going further. And was he not the same Michael Mates
    who was a signatory to The Dodgy Dossier? Yes he was. I would think that a centre piece of the covenant is that we do not commit troops to half assed adventures in dangerous hot spots. And / Or if we do - we support them properly.

3. Useful and very revealing information. Thank you

4. IRAQI EMPLOYEES 42 signatures :x

On the flipside though, the two Military Motions got more signatures than 97% of the rest.