Earliest exit date ??

Jeptha5

Swinger
Looking at signing off in the new year but I’m confused when I can actually do my 7 clicks as JPA states that my ‘earliest exit date’ is April 28th 2023.. my question is can I sign of April 2022 and be out the following year ??..i joined when I was 17 and 4 months if that’s relevant??

Looking at signing off in the new year but I’m confused when I can actually do my 7 clicks as JPA states that my ‘earliest exit date’ is April 28th 2023.. my question is can I sign of April 2022 and be out the following year ??..i joined when I was 17 and 4 months if that’s relevant??
It was 3 years from your 18th birthday (if you joined before you were 18 ) when you could first sign off.

conjurer

Old-Salt
You should approach your RCMO office for a chat regarding signing off (in anticipation) and also chat to the resettlement officer (likely same office) so that your transition can be planned in an orderly fashion.

You have just over 15 months of service left and should make best use of your opportunities leading up to signing off and then planning for your final 12 months. Your RCMO \Resettlement staff will be best placed to assist with your planning. Don’t chin the opportunity off; be smart and plan accordingly using the resources and advice they provide. Ask in particular about HARDFACTS assessment.

in answer to your question - Yes - the earliest you can sign off is at the 3 year point and the maximum notice you can give is 365 days. Hence the dates kicked out by JPA. You will then complete your contracted commitment of 4 years. RCMO staff will verify the dates when you speak to them.

Last edited:

Jeptha5

Swinger
You should approach your RCMO office for a chat regarding signing off (in anticipation) and also chat to the resettlement officer (likely same office) so that your transition can be planned in an orderly fashion.

You have just over 15 months of service left and should make best use of your opportunities leading up to signing off and then planning for your final 12 months. Your RCMO \Resettlement staff will be best placed to assist with your planning. Don’t chin the opportunity off; be smart and plan accordingly using the resources and advice they provide. Ask in particular about HARDFACTS assessment.

in answer to your question - Yes - the earliest you can sign off is at the 3 year point and the maximum notice you can give is 365 days. Hence the dates kicked out by JPA. You will then complete your contracted commitment of 4 years. RCMO staff will verify the dates when you speak to them.
Appreciate that, thank you.

Jeptha5

Swinger
So just to cla

Had a brief word with clerk this morning on the way up to work, he said that my contract would have started when I was 18, 8 months after I started training.. he said the date on JPA was incorrect. How truthful do you recon this is ? He didn’t seem 100% certain himself so he said to pop in Monday morning to check it out..