eaning Iraq/ Afghanistan medals

Discussion in 'Officers' started by wannabeloggie, Sep 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now obviously Iraq is overa dn Afghan should be winding down in the near future. However i was wondering if these medals (especially Iraq atm) are still 'available'?

Say for example if you went to IMAR Iraqi 'Sandhurst' now could you earn the medal. Similarly post-Herrick there is a commitment to their Officer training; could you do similarly?

Though for IMAR now that it's NATO Trainign Mission Iraq could you be awarded/ wear a NATO medal?
  2. Interesting one this, the Iraq medal is now 'closed' so it might it worth petitioning the great and the good for permission to wear the NTM-I medal. I'd not advocate holding the breath on this one though. (IMAR - nice place)
  3. would this not fall into the relms of the reconstruction medal?
  4. I don't think you can get it for military service even though the Iraq medal has finished. A few RMP's got it for working with the British Embassy out there. I could be talking out of my ******* shit stained hoop though.
  5. The RMP who are awared it get it for being on one of the CP teams out there; which, I cannot remember.
  6. Even the the campaign 'TELIC' has ceased, I'm sure there are a limited amount of staff jobs in Baghdad that still qualify for the CSM. They are few and far between and for higher ranking officers etc.
  7. What a CSM ?