• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

eaning Iraq/ Afghanistan medals

Now obviously Iraq is overa dn Afghan should be winding down in the near future. However i was wondering if these medals (especially Iraq atm) are still 'available'?

Say for example if you went to IMAR Iraqi 'Sandhurst' now could you earn the medal. Similarly post-Herrick there is a commitment to their Officer training; could you do similarly?

Though for IMAR now that it's NATO Trainign Mission Iraq could you be awarded/ wear a NATO medal?

Interesting one this, the Iraq medal is now 'closed' so it might it worth petitioning the great and the good for permission to wear the NTM-I medal. I'd not advocate holding the breath on this one though. (IMAR - nice place)

Even the the campaign 'TELIC' has ceased, I'm sure there are a limited amount of staff jobs in Baghdad that still qualify for the CSM. They are few and far between and for higher ranking officers etc.

Latest Threads