E3 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

So, whose going to E3 this year? I'll be there in a professional capacity as HMG in its infinite wisdom considers my attendance at the world's premier video gaming trade show to be conducive to good business. I'll try not to enjoy myself too much while I fulfil a dream I've had since the age of 12, as clearly I need to represent the calm and professional face of the MOD while surrounded by models trying to sell me PS4s.

What are you looking forward to seeing at this year's show? What should I be keeping an eye out for and reporting back to the ARRSE gaming collective?

And what funky gizzits do you want me to bring back? If I get anything decent I might run a few small Hols4Heroes auctions :)

[/brag]

2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

I hate you.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. BrunoNoMedals

<3

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and believed the Xbox to be better overall due to the online party chat and other xbox live advantages. I started to think about PS4 after Adam Orth made his twitter comments comparing game consoles to vacuum cleaners. I was swaying towards PS4 after the used games massacre from Micro$oft. After last nights presentations I cannot think of a single reason I would want to spend £75-£80 more on a machine that restricts my option to buy games on the cheap.

Kinect Mk2. I remember the early days of Kinect Mk1. I remeber "Milo", I remember the completely fake tech demo showing absurd things like scanning a letter in real time which was then read and understood by the wierd little boy on screen. I remember being told that the Kinect Mk1 would recognise my mood by scanning my facial features. Then I bought a Kinect Mk1 and realised that unless my living room was the size of an actual bowling alley, I would not even be able to successfully throw a pretend ball down a pretend alley without first swinging my arm around in circles like I was trying to land a cartoon haymaker.

Price. Enough on that.

I will be buying a PS4 I think.

6. ^ you make a fair point.

The XBOX can be retired to the boys room where I can keep him silent by buying him hundreds of giveaway 2nd hand 360 games, its quantity rather than quality there.

I may then invest in the newer tech but I would be keen for one of each just for evaluation purposes thanks bruno. Oh and if you can get a photo and pants of a asian chick dressed up as a Tekken 9 character on the PS4 stall that would be good.

And GTA looking forward to that and BF4 as per Stig.

Must get back to being annihilated on AirWar and making drunk decisions to attack people at random in Stronghold.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ^ My boy has been living the dream on PS2 games for 2 years and will be well chuffed with his upgrade to PS3 and 360.

I do wonder if it will be worth waiting out to see a price drop.

8. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Probably, yes. Given that the 360 was £279.99 at release in 2005, and didn't take long to drop in price iir.

9. I will probably manage to hold out until Battlefield 4 is released at which point I will run to the shop like a child on spends day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoNoMedals

They ALL drop eventually, it just depends how patient you are!

Anyway, update one: yesterday was an immense feat of civilian endurance but I eventually got to my hotel around 2100h local (I left home at 1030 BST!). My body clock is shagged. We briefly saw the convention centre and it's massive. Very impressive.

My shuttle bus picks me up in around 4 hours then I'll be on it properly. Pics of Asian birds in funny costumes abound.

Wish me luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  11. Take lots of pictures ... of, er,.... marketing promotions.... the lumpy ones, not the nerdy ones...

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm wondering if the rumour about pre-owned games not working on PS4 is true?

13. Apparently not. A Sony spokesman took the piss out of Microsoft by saying "this is how you share games on the PS4", and then he handed a disc to another bloke.

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

• Like Like x 3