E2 posts

Evening all and thanks in advance,
I'm after a bit of advice regarding E2 posts.
I have not long been selected for promotion and have seen a job that I believe I am an ideal candidate for, my question is;
Can I apply for an E2 post before I become substantive?
Cheers

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Evening all and thanks in advance,
I'm after a bit of advice regarding E2 posts.
I have not long been selected for promotion and have seen a job that I believe I am an ideal candidate for, my question is;
Can I apply for an E2 post before I become substantial?
Cheers
I know what you meant but that brought a smile to me!

BTW: substantive

I don’t think it matters, however, I usually your Corps has to let you run to the E2 board and then you are boarded against other candidates.

However, a word of caution, if you don’t get that job, you may be selected for another E2 post on the list that you don’t necessarily want.

I don’t think it matters, however, I usually your Corps has to let you run to the E2 board and then you are boarded against other candidates.

However, a word of caution, if you don’t get that job, you may be selected for another E2 post on the list that you don’t necessarily want.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I've never had any dealings with the process so I appreciate all the advice.

I concur, and if you want it that much make sure your desk officer knows it, don’t leave it to your CoC or RCMO.

Latest Threads