E2 List

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 11D, Aug 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 11D

11D Old-Salt

W'ah free

What does OOC mean on the E2 job list? Can anyone explain to me 'OOC De'Selections' 'OOC Selections' and normal 'selections'.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :?

I say again: W'AH FREE
  2. Out Of Commitee.
  3. 11D

11D Old-Salt

cheers mate. :-D

Can you talk me through that........I'm still wet behind the ears. I'm assuming its who the board decides to fill that post??
  4. Yep. A load of people sit around in a room and decide 'off line' who will get the job, considering a whole host of other factors.

Hence my point in my last PM... ;)
  5. Proximo, point taken but isn't OOC more the case when a decision has had to be made when no board was sitting?
  6. Yes absolutely - but I know what specific job 11D is asking about - hence I am answering his specific query, not having a general discussion about APC!

Your point is a very good one and well made - not enough people know about how OOC works and the effect it can have on job selection. IMHO.
  7. 11D

11D Old-Salt

rrrrrrrrrrgr Proximo........so gettin 0A onside can 'assist' in an OOC selection for a 'particular' ( ;-) ) job on the E2 list??

I notice a few jobs of 'interest' had no selection.............
  8. 11D

11D Old-Salt

apologiesfor the consistent use of '.....', but you get my meaning ;-)
  9. Eggsactly! See - it's not what you know... ;)
  10. 11D

11D Old-Salt

nice. Will have to chat with 0A. Doesnt help that he is posted 3 months before I am. I'll give my MCM a call in a few months time and puch it with them as well. When does the new E2 list come out??
  11. I will have a word with some chums - stand by...
  12. 11D

11D Old-Salt

legend.....Thanks Proximo
  13. Do you two know each other ?? I think we should be told...

In the meantime I hope that an OOC decision is soon made about my windsurfing instructor job in the WIndies!