E-tool pouch for carrying waterbottle. Any good?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tearsbeforebedtime, Jan 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if the entrenching tool pouches are any good for carrying water bottles on your webbing?

In almost every description I have looked at there is always the phrase used “can also be used to...” well you get the picture.

Strangely enough I cannot recall actually seeing this. Am I looking at the wrong people or is it just a myth or they have been used but found to be seriously wanting for some reason

Cheers in advance

(bored at work)
  2. Wouldn't it be easier to just get another water bottle pouch, if you don't need an entrenching tool?
  3. can be done but it exposes the top of the bottle to mud and crap

have i just been waaaahed ?
  4. Nope. Just looking for a cheaper option.
  5. it can work. the old non stick metal mug could be put on top to keep lid clean, but not really practical.

If you have it on webbing and put a bungy on your webbing, pouch became the incredible disappearing pouch.

It is also impractical to return a bottle in to pouch when on cft or bergen run etc.

Yes an economy for money (until you buy another working pouch :wink: ), but not for hassle and fcuk off factor
  6. Cheers. Looks like a no no then from the sheer pain in the hoop factor.
  7. I've seen guys do and frankly it looks toss

It seems to be an attempt to get a 44 paat like water bottle carrier to look 'ard, I admit I used to have one, but grew up when PLCE came in
  8. I've seen one of "them" do it
  9. I've got one you can have if you want.....

But as it's been said.... it's really a pants idea.
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Conversely, are the waterbottle pouches any good for the folding spoon ?