E petition for foreign nationals to have health insurance cover visiting the uk

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by peem, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please sign this petition. I am fed up hearing about the NHS getting shafted by foreign nationals coming for free treatment. No insurance at immigration checks at UK arrival point should result in a swift return flight home.
    Health Insurance for Non UK Nationals - e-petitions

2. nothing is going to come of this at all.
    if we can't be arsed to check if people have passports how the **** are they going to whine about health insurance

3. The grey area is this - foreign nationals i.e. non-EU/EEA/Swiss are entitled to free emergency medical treatment at public expense and, ordinarily, no attempt would be made to recover costs. Non-emergency and elective treatment can be charged back to the recipeiient and non-payment can result in difficulty in obtaining visas in future. I believe that Parliament are going to review a change in the Immigration Rules whereby failure to py for medical treatment can result in a ten-year ban from entering the United Kingdom. The Americans do insist on health insurance but this does not prevent pregnant Nigerian women giving birth to their sprogs in the USA, thereby resulting in US Citizenship for said sprog who can, when they turn 21, petition for the family to join them in the good ole' USA. We can and do remove pregnant Nigerins for a primary change of purpose.

4. Sounds fair to me...........

Odo

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

And what about foreign nationals who are legally settled in the UK, working and paying taxes?

Are you going to ban them from the NHS?

If so, then I think my wife and I are owed 12 years of tax rebate for the payments we have made to support the high number of UK born people who are too idle to work and a health service you wish to ban my family from using.

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Yeah, I'll sign this because a bloke on the internet said so. Not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.