e-petition about NHS.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by diverman, Feb 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is an e-petition of the UK Government website calling for action against the head of the NHS following the Francis Report, Anyone interested should look at it and sign if they so desire. Remember this could have and maybe did happen or is still happening at a hospital near you, five further hospitals are going to be investigated about their mortality. One of them I know is well known to have had problems and is even more well known to HM Coroners office, who have criticised the hospital and its care in the past.

2. Not really the forum for it. Besides, it's already being dealt with at a very high level. Why are you trying to get involved? Do you think it helps? Do you think your gay little petition will achieve anything? Go away.

3. Why not? Isn't this the News and Current Affairs forum? And isn't NHS malpractice in the news? Thanks for the heads up diver man, I'll have a look

BtB

4. So despite the fact that action is being taken, you think that action should be taken?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Question 1: Do you have a choice about over hospitals?
    Question 2: Would allow want spouse, partner, parent, child, friend, enemy, dog or cat to be treated at Mid Staffs
    Question 3: Do you trust the Department of Health and the NHS to sort it out?

Thought not. To ****ing right I want these idiots to know we, the tax paying, voting electorate are pissed off and want effective action.

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

in reply to question 1, not up here we don't. Not all parts of UK are blessed with multiple hospitals and even is they are, then often specialities will only be at one of them. Research has shown generally better to get treatment from someone who does that treatment regularly.

Question 2. Would suspect that currently at Mid Staffs despite low morale caused by constant attcks from folk on internet that care is good as all will be aware that they are being watched.

Question 3. DoH has set up a very business based model which fortunately has not been replicated up here so yes in fact I do trust NHS Scotland

And what do you see as effective action? Please describe your action plan, bearing in mind the current resources at your disposal and spending restraints set by the current Government.

7. This has been an investigation, but has not defined any action to be taken. The next five are only investigations. Francis did not name names in this case which I believe is corporate manslaughter.

8. Q1. Scotland's health system is set up differently to England. That does include cross boardroom agreements.

Q2. That did not stop them a couple of weeks ago strapping a dummy in a babies mouth. Any member fo staff who thought about that place would have been long gone.

Q3. Scrap PFI and tell the present ones we will be renegotiating the contracts.

9. Maybe if I go into hospital I want to know they are not going to try to kill me with negligence. What evidence do you have it's being dealt with at high level. Maybe you need to learn that sometimes you just need a pebble to start a rock fall. Achieve, at least have some people in court for corporate manslaughter. Oh and maybe you should foxtrot oscar.

10. Fang_Farrier

Unfortuately most PFI contracts cast iron with large penalty clauses.

11. That's why we have lawyers to look at the contracts and find where possible for non compliance as a reason for rescinding it.

12. Fang_Farrier

Such as happened with aircraft carriers where it was cheaper to build them than cancel?

13. What makes you think the Hospital Trusts have not already tried to find ways of reducing the PFI bill?
    I think you will find that no healthcare professional would willingly chose to lower healthcare standards in order to pay the bills.

14. Why don't you have a petition to get hospitals to employ British people rather then import them from other countries because its allegedly cheaper. Then maybe there would be less deaths.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fang_Farrier

How's it is cheaper? Health care professionals are paid on a banding system whereby the role is linked to a band and hence wages to that band. Therefore country of origin of worker is immaterial, the pay is based on the role not the person.

Agenda for change - pay rates - NHS Careers