E-mail Scam

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ritch, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted this here as I couldn't think where else to stick it.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has recieved this over Hotmail?

2. Nah, sounds legit to me. I say, go for it!

3. Marvin Oliver, top bloke, 49 Para.

4. I thought he was of 3 Para Mortars? :?

5. Make sure you count it all, my mate was a bit short

6. Well there's 3 minutes of me life i won't get back! That has got to qualify as one of the most tedious posts i've ever read. You must be really bored to be posting random personal emails. Why not dump the rest of your "trash" folder on here!

Feck me, you must be a riot at parties! :x

7. I really don't know whos's the more stupid. Him with his colonial pidgin English or you for asking if anyone is stupid enough to respond. Make sure you send him your bank details to confirm that your passport and drivers licence are legit.

8. If you read it, I wasn't asking if anyone was responding. Just asking if anyone else had it as its the umpteenth I've had from this 'guy' in the past two days.

9. Nope, this one is Sgt. Marvin OliverTelephone of the Womens Royal Auxillary Balloon corp

10. Just take it to the Police and see what they advise as it is obviously a scam,but a scam where they have given you a number to meet up and talk....what more info would the coppers want to catch them red handed.

Then your Nigerian Prince..sorry Sgt Marvin will be in clankers.

11. Well yes, but he was a dwarf.

12. Well you're obviously on the patsy list then. Did you click on 'unsubscribe' by any chance? Do you lick owls?