E-ciggies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taffd, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I haven't smoked for a week now. Been using e-ciggies as a substitute and it seems so far to be working.

Just started on the fourth, so not saving any coin as yet, but have had no urge to light up a real one.

Anybody else found them worthwhile?

2. Yup. I stopped smoking cigarettes last May using e-cigarettes (as well as other aids). I use Gower Enterprises for mine. I still use them. (If you use the refills it works out v. cheap).

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Is there a 'gargle with Domestos' option?

4. About two years smoke free since using them.

5. I`m just coming up to 25 months of being tobacco free. Don`t mess about with patches, gum, and e-fags. Just stop, I did.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dunno what all the fuss is about. Giving up is a piece of piss.
    Done it loads of times....

• Like Like x 4
  7. I seriously need to pack the fags in, and seriously fucking can't.

If I didn't have to work.... No bother. Unfortunately I do.

8. Why isn't there an alcohol substitute?

9. My lass has been doing the PR for one of the brands, meaning I've got fucking loads of free sample ones kicking about! There's even Cigars and menthol ones in Gucci USB charger packets.

10. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Dibs on the mental ones if you want to get rid!?

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Me in all. I brought six sticks back from Cambodia. Cost me $32 and I thought when they ran out I would pack in. Then I got lung cancer. Major pain in my lower back when I coughed or even fucking breathed. Made arrangements for my mates to shift my engines and old scrap when I carked it. Had a word with the accountant about one or two issues.

Then it turns out I only had a couple of cracked ribs. Not cancer at all. So now I have to start all over again. Sometimes I think God hates me.

12. There's a massive thread on this lurking somewhere. I tried em. Found that I was actually getting more nicotine because I was constantly taking drags indoors, just cos I could.

This just made me want a proper fag even more when out on the beer, only it was gone in 3 drags because I was used to the higher amount of nicotine.

I binned them, read the easy way to stop smoking, thought what a load of bollocks this is. Then worked out that over 30 years smoking would cost me £85k if the price didnt rise any further (a large chunk of my mortgage) and just stopped. That was 4 months ago.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. They've got loads of them to give away as promo samples apparently, I'll ask the question if she can send some out. The ones that are meant to be like Marley reds taste like road, but the menthols are decent.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I stopped last May using Nicolites (available from Tescos and WHSmiths). They are pretty good, and don't stink your clothes out etc.

I only smoke normal cigs when I drink heavily which is rarely now.

15. Cheer up mucker, I'm sure you'll get cancer one day.

• Like Like x 1