E Bay Gunners quadrant

Aye, quite fancied that, wifey said NO as soon as I put a watch on it. Did all our M109's end up in Austria in the end ? '

I did BATUS with 129 Bty on OP's and that's where the guns (do they still calls them the colours? ) were due to go. Sounds par for the course we had to buy one back in, somethings never change.

I was part of the parade at Hohne handing over the 109's to the Austrians. The things were held together by string and black nasty........

Had gone back to cloud punching by then with the Mighty 12th. 129 Bty was a good crack, was on "Bomber's" crew. Really enjoyed my time there.

12minden said:
Had gone back to cloud punching by then with the Mighty 12th. 129 Bty was a good crack, was on "Bomber's" crew. Really enjoyed my time there.
ahhh Bomber, Swiftey and the boys...good times

Was swifty one of the other OPVs, short haired chap ? Bomber was a top lad as was chris sh???? (driver), can't mind the FOOs name was with him as gunner on nukes then we had mars bar on the radio. Wish I'd stayed on OPs now.

reckon your thinking about chris shears, vaguely remember hearing he had picked up rsm

cheers for that - i wasn't sure on that info - haven't kept up to date for a couple of years

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Provost Cookery 49
Bravo_Bravo The NAAFI Bar 42
ugly Military History and Militaria 7