Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HantsTiger, Nov 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been told that Im slightly dyslexic. Does anyone know about how this might affect promotion/deployment etc. ?
  2. No probs with promotion.

You'll be a Corporal but think your a Colonel
  3. Well, i thinks it means that if you work hard you could end up as a Wirrant Offoca or Rugimental Segment Mijor :wink:
  4. knew a bloke who got more time in a written exam on a promotion course because of dyslexia
  5. Go for an admin role. The feckwits here in my UAO must all be dyslexic :roll: , seems you promoted faster for fecking it up :evil:
  6. Thanks guys. Im also up for Sandhurst in a couple of years, any chances itll affect anything in that line?
  7. As you say you're only slightly dyslexic so probably not, but an ability to read and assimilate the written word and carry out basic maths on the back of a fag packet at short notice is apparently a necessity. you'll have to judge yourself wether you're capable unless the RCB has already passed you in which case you're probably fine. If in doubt, bluff it or speak to your careers adviser.
  8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Dyslexia Rules. KO
  9. dyslexics of the world untie
  10. my brother is also dyslexic and in his younger days was a huge fan of a band called Slipknot...

...being the little shoite he was he thought it was cool to dedicate some graffiti to his fave band and his creation is still there on a wall in town...although no-one can work out who the feck 'SilpKnit' are 8O
  11. Heard about the dyslexic bulimic that choked on his own Vimto? No? Thought not. :oops:
  12. What does DNA stand for?

National Dyslexia Association...

Or hear about the rebellious dyslexic teenager, who decided to upset his parents by worshipping Santa?
  13. There was also a dyslexic pimp that bought a whare house
  14. That'll be warehouse then.

You'll still have more wordpower than the ill-educated oiks coming out of the edjumacayshun system these days.

Did you hear about the dyslexic insomniac agnostic? He used to lie awake at night wondering if there was a Dog!

I've got me coat!
  15. Shouldn't be a problem fella. Good friend of mine is really dyslexic, but has done a degree, is a WO and is waiting for his LE commission results whilst doing a masters degree is psychology. It'll only hold you back if you let it. Go to an AEC and see the basic skills tutor. They'll help out and develop coping strategies with you.