Dying scenes- the best

After watching Marlon Brando's dying scene in this afternoons flick of 'Mutiny of the Bounty', I have to say nothing has ever beaten Stephen Boyd's dying scene in 'Ben Hur.' Any other contenders?

I really think Gordon Browns dying scene would be unbeatable!!!

William Defoe getting the bejesus shot out of him in Platoon surely!

InVinoVeritas said:
I really think Gordon Browns dying scene would be unbeatable!!!
Ahhh! But has it been filmed.....apart from the head in hands bit. Is it possible he will commit hari-kari on TV?

Gotta be Jimmy Cagney in "White Heat"! Top of the world, Ma! Unbeatable!

MsG

Oh come on theres only one, Slim Pickens in Dr Strangelove, what a way to go

Rutger Hauer gets my vote, as the head replicant in Bade Ruuner - 'lost, like tears in rain' etc etc.

Fantastic

Tim Roth in Reservoir Dogs.

Has to be Paul Rubens (Pee Wee Herman) in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Surely All Quiet on the Western Front? reaching for a Butterfly when hit by a Sniper?

or

Robert Shaw in Jaws?

mark1234 said:
I've yet to see a better death scene than THIS. :D
Nope! this is just a kill/bloodfest......It's the deathbed scene that is all.

Who can match the scene where Stephen Boyd,ripped apart after the chariot race and about to succumb to the medics, including ,(John Le Messiuer,) grabs Ben Hur.(Charlton Heston), with his dying strength and croaks/gasps, " Cut the legs off me not yet...until I have seen him!" ...The smashed body of a wretched animal? ....You think your mother, sister dead?....Look for them in the valley of the lepers, if you can recognise them.....It goes on ...It goes on Juda...It's not over..................!

As Ben Hur prises the dying mans grasp from him. A cinematic triumph seldom eclipsed ....if ever.

Goldbricker said:
Surely All Quiet on the Western Front? reaching for a Butterfly when hit by a Sniper?

or

Robert Shaw in Jaws?
Good call on Robert Shaw dying well & bloody.. That's why I have named my boat "Quint".

shagnasty said:
mark1234 said:
I've yet to see a better death scene than THIS. :D
Nope! this is just a kill/bloodfest......It's the deathbed scene that is all.

Who can match the scene where Stephen Boyd,ripped apart after the chariot race and about to succumb to the medics, including ,(John Le Messiuer,) grabs Ben Hur.(Charlton Heston), with his dying strength and croaks/gasps, " Cut the legs off me not yet...until I have seen him!" ...The smashed body of a wretched animal? ....You think your mother, sister dead?....Look for them in the valley of the lepers, if you can recognise them.....It goes on ...It goes on Juda...It's not over..................!

As Ben Hur prises the dying mans grasp from him. A cinematic triumph seldom eclipsed ....if ever.
The bloke who wrote Ben Hir also wrote Billy the kid's death warrent General Lew Wallace, and its never been out of print and filmed three times