Dwain Chambers, drugs cheat. I say NO to Beijing.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Riabright, Jul 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chambers was found guilty of taking banned drugs & given a two year ban from athletics, ( which he served ) & a LIFETIME ban from the Olympics.
    So why is this miserable cheat taking his appeal to the High Court, asking for this ban to be overturned?? Why should it? Because he says he's "sorry"??
    Would he still be sorry for taking drugs if he'd never been caught in the first place? He's only sorry he got caught.
    I don't care if he's our best hope for a medal in Beijing. Allowing him to compete would give out the wrong message to youngsters coming through in all sports - that taking banned drugs is ok, as you won't be banned from the Olympics.
    And before someone says people in prison rarely have to serve their life sentences, well I think that's wrong too.
    LIFE should mean LIFE, whether it be for murderers in prison, or drugs cheats banned from the Olympics.
    ( Former gymnast. Worked bloody hard at it, & wouldn't have appreciated some drugs cheat competing along-side me. )
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

3. Wonder if the 4 x 100 relay team have the balls to refuse to run with him?

Want to make a statement? Throw the baton away when this cheat hands it to you.

Bet they don't!
  4. It's just so wrong that he is pushing his way to the olympics.
  5. It also begs the question, why those in the western world are attending in less than a month.

Have the Chinese cleaned up their act SO much, as to accept them as equals?

Again, what do other coutries do when they have drug cheats? There is again NO level playing field and auntil there is, we will continue to have these debates, getting us off the real issues of Human Rights in China and lets not forget the polution in their capital.

So what happening to the Greek pair who failed last time round in Athens?
  6. He knew what the rules were when he cheated. I bet Christian Malcolm, Marlon Devonish and Darren Campbell aren't too pleased with his antics either. F*ck him.

7. This whole farce seems too just mirror why society is fecked...
  8. The thing is, if he wins anything, the murmers and grumbles if not outright protests from the silver and bronze winners will dampen any victory.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wot he said! The bloke is a cnut, who broke the rules and got banned. End of!
  10. Yep, do something you know to be against the rules, serve part of a lifetime ban (sentence?) then, as long as you're really , really sorry you can come back again. :x

Wonder if the Army will take that stance on CDT as well. 'Yes Pte Junkie, you were kicked out a couple of years ago for snorting coke off your OC's desk but as you are really sorry we'll let you back in'. :roll:

What a load of sh1te, life ban should mean that, mind you I think life imprisonment should mean that as well. 8O
  11. He should get himself to fook.... it is a disgrace he has been allowed to take it this far..!! How much will this be costing the tax payer...prize fcuking cnut!
  12. Its not as black and white as you want it to be I am afraid, and its the committees that have made it so.

Its not a case that he is just “really sorry”, so that’s ok then, it’s a fact that he served a ban they imposed on him for cheating, which he openly admitted to. He admitted it, knew he was wrong, took his punishment. Now they are slapping a British by-law on him saying he CAN run, but just not in the Olympics. Isn’t that a farce?

I don’t know if it’s fair to say “ok, you cheated, serve your ban and then you can race again….but just not in this competition”…what would be the point in letting him race again if they can decide where and when they will or will not let him? Its either “all or nothing” I am afraid, otherwise its just a total farce. As they have already said he can compete now after his ban, it has to be “all”.
  13. He was caught doing wrong, he was banned.

Job done.

What happened to the Canadian Ben Johnson? Did he ever get back in to running after being caught doped up in ´92?
  14. So it’s ok that this guy can compete and run, even though he cheated? Because that’s what is happening. He is competing.

So why not the Olympics? If the issue is that he cheated and so shouldn’t be able to compete, fair enough. But the governing bodies say he can compete. And now they are saying he can’t. What a joke.
  15. A very informed and articulate first post RU99 and welcome to ARRSE. Who are you then? An alter ego lurks in all of us. 8)