DVLA rant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by EX_STAB, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fcuking DVLA. An organisation so totally fcuking incompetent that it can't issue a driving licence in one piece now needs me to fill in a form for a replacement paper part so that they can replace the replacement with one with my new address.

They couldn't just print it when they make the new plastic one could they?

FFS! :frustrated:

2. Thats what you get by trying to be legit mate. :D :lol:

3. and the fee is £17.50. To do nothing.

4. see told you. 8O :roll: :lol:

5. Also every ten years you have to renew your photo on your driving licence.
    Just done mine £17.50 +£4.00 for four photos when i only needed one.

6. msr

msr LE

7. msr

msr LE

8. Just had mine done......bastards....never even returned the plastic folder i sent with it in. :x

9. Did you check that when it came back you still had the same groups of Vehicles your allowed to drive?

Been some occasions couple years ago where people were getting them back and had suddenly lost a vehicle group - great when you get stopped by plod on your motorbike but the group is not on your new licence.....

10. Keep the other three, as one can be used for your passport. One for your new MOD 90s and one for some other id card.... perhaps the national one.

And of course you always need passport phots for various courses.

11. Mine came back without my C+E on, sorted now although i never have the intention of using it, i'm crap in nything bigger than a minibus!!

12. Guys, I had a change of address. I posted my card (without paper copy) in the envelope, with a message. (to the manager) saying I need it ASAP. I got it within 5 days (with lots of shouting). New card, new paper part (with old points taken off)………….. done. And it was for free!!!!!