DVLA - Possible Físting

If it were me I would gently, but firmly approach with the, "Hey, I know I sent the change of keeper documentation in to you a lifetime ago and have just found out that apparently you did not update the system. Why am I still the registered keeper when I know I sent the paperwork to you".

As I recall there is no verification from them to you to inform you that they received the paperwork, and updated the system. So how were you supposed to know until it recently came to your attention through other means. Express your worry that you may be held liable for something that may involve the vehicle, etc, etc. especially as you have not been the legal keeper for 10 years.

It might be worth getting a lawyer to write a snotagram on your behalf. Do the AA, or RAC still have a drivers legal department?
Sounds like a fair one. A mate of mine was supposed to submit a project to CGLI (or similar) to get an award, unfortunately, he was overcome by beer and women and omitted to submit write it. His solution was to write to the awarding body and ask for his project back, as he needed it for a job interview. A ‘Pass’ certificate turned up shortly after….
Act confidently and decisively and watch as the adminsphere erupts into blamestorming.

Sounds like a fair one. A mate of mine was supposed to submit a project to CGLI (or similar) to get an award, unfortunately, he was overcome by beer and women and omitted to submit write it. His solution was to write to the awarding body and ask for his project back, as he needed it for a job interview. A ‘Pass’ certificate turned up shortly after….
Act confidently and decisively and watch as the adminsphere erupts into blamestorming.

I call it the: Pre-emptive double bluff. Confidence must be used, and maintained during its application,………along with a straight face if used face to face.

Back in the 90’s at Aldergrove I had a wreck of a car that died on base one day. I rolled it into a parking space outside the sports pavilion and left it. Couple of months later a notice appears on the screen “ this car appears to be abandoned. If you are the owner please contact RAFP Flight etc etc”. Cannot remember why they were unable to link it to me, it would have been registered on base. Another month: “this car is now considered abandoned. It is not to be moved. Owner is to contact RAFP Flight etc etc”. Another month or so: “ This is abandoned and will be removed. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE IT. Contact RAFP flight etc etc”. Couple of weeks later it disappears, result thinks I, didn’t cost me anything.

Move forward many months, and I am leaving, clear from station, think I should probably get something in writing or something from someone about the car, so go to RAFP Flight, tell them that they took my car away, and then ask them where it is and who is going to sign the V5 for it. That caused some scratchy heads for a bit (for they are not known for being the sharpest tools in the box) until the Sgt came out, and very politely told me to fuck off suggested that no-one was going to sign for it, and why dont I just write to DVLA.

Which I did, and got a letter back within days informing me I was no longer the registered keeper. Perhaps it was the “vehicle was removed and used for bomb disposal training” bit of the letter that did it.

Latest Threads