DVLA medical procedure

I've mentioned this on another thread, but my medical and licence renewal was sent off ten days ago.
It took DVLA five days to process it, I received my new licence yesterday (7th Oct) so they have improved vastly compared to even a few weeks ago.

Diko

Old-Salt
My restricted license renewal (I am type 1 Diabetic) this year took four months to be renewed. I even contacted my Labour MP who wrote on my behalf to the DVLA to see why it was taking so long. Four fing months ffs.

My restricted license renewal (I am type 1 Diabetic) this year took four months to be renewed. I even contacted my Labour MP who wrote on my behalf to the DVLA to see why it was taking so long. Four fing months ffs.
That's crap that is, I think covid and industrial action caused most of the backlog.
Hopefully they're clearing that backlog now.

That's crap that is, I think covid and industrial action caused most of the backlog.
Hopefully they're clearing that backlog now.
See my 'Drift' #13, and follow ups to #19, nearly twenty fur kin years! Sod all to do with covid, or industrial action. No axe to grind with either of you. just speaking as I heard ref DVLA. I've had no problem with them, so far, on my renewals after reaching seventy. I take precautions to ensure, to the best of my ability, I will not be deprived of my licence because of them making a cock up. So far so good, but I'd rather not have to put it to the test.

See my 'Drift' #13, and follow ups to #19, nearly twenty fur kin years! Sod all to do with covid, or industrial action. No axe to grind with either of you. just speaking as I heard ref DVLA. I've had no problem with them, so far, on my renewals after reaching seventy. I take precautions to ensure, to the best of my ability, I will not be deprived of my licence because of them making a cock up. So far so good, but I'd rather not have to put it to the test.
I know they make massive errors.
Going back to 1990, I finally got round to passing my car test (well, in a land rover, but close enough).
When my licence came back I just shoved it in with my FMT 600 and forgot about it.
When it came time to renew my FMT 600, the MTO wanted to know why I'd been driving on a provisional.
DVLC had sent my licence back and removed all my categories, including tracked vehicles.
I never noticed, but I'd been driving illegally.
I got extras for that :(

I refer you to my post,..."refusal to accept responsibility..." In other words, they weren't interested, even when photocopies of the original were shown to them. I believe some people had to resit their test/s.

Speaking for myself only I'd take them to task over it, up to and including taking it to court. As far as I'm concerned they are a government agency and I couldn't give a feck if they're interested or not.

I know they make massive errors.
Going back to 1990, ...

I got extras for that :(
Confirms what I thought earlier.
Speaking for myself only I'd take them to task over it, up to and including taking it to court. As far as I'm concerned they are a government agency and I couldn't give a feck if they're interested or not.
I don't know if anyone did take them to task/court, but see my #17 "...I believe some people had to resit their test/s..." That would suggest to me that if they did take them to court, they lost, or because they didn't think they'd win, they didn't. Either way same result, resit their test/s.

Confirms what I thought earlier.

I don't know if anyone did take them to task/court, but see my #17 "...I believe some people had to resit their test/s..." That would suggest to me that if they did take them to court, they lost, or because they didn't think they'd win, they didn't. Either way same result, resit their test/s.

If you have proof that you sent something through the mail as such in the way I described or even online then I don't see how anyone would lose a court case let alone have to resit a test. The problem as I see it is, people just accept it and crack on instead of taking them to task.

Well feck that! That are a government agency and are not exempt from accountability. It's a good long while back but a mate of my oldest son on passing his driving test was told by DMV that they never received his pass certificate and payment and like DLVC weren't interested, this depite it being sent as registerd mail and signed for.

They soon got interested when a letter from the lawyer of the kids parents hit the mat of the Administrator for the Montana Motor Vehicle Division. IIRC his new licence was on his mat about ten days later.

Things will never change unless they are held to account, do whatever it takes, get a lawyer to send a letter, write to your MP, hell write to the papers if needs be. Someone in authority will sit up and take notice if enough people complain.

If you have proof that you sent something through the mail as such in the way I described or even online then I don't see how anyone would lose a court case let alone have to resit a test. The problem as I see it is, people just accept it and crack on instead of taking them to task.

Well feck that! That are a government agency and are not exempt from accountability. It's a good long while back but a mate of my oldest son on passing his driving test was told by DMV that they never received his pass certificate and payment and like DLVC weren't interested, this depite it being sent as registerd mail and signed for.

They soon got interested when a letter from the lawyer of the kids parents hit the mat of the Administrator for the Montana Motor Vehicle Division. IIRC his new licence was on his mat about ten days later.

Things will never change unless they are held to account, do whatever it takes, get a lawyer to send a letter, write to your MP, hell write to the papers if needs be. Someone in authority will sit up and take notice if enough people complain.
Hold on to Trigger's reins there Roy, I'm just the messenger. I've had no problem with DVLA. All I've done is pass on what I'd been told from a section of DVLA. This was to warn the Arrseratti to be careful should they need to send their licence to DVLA. Okay Bampot? ;)

Hold on to Trigger's reins there Roy, I'm just the messenger.

Don't why you wrote that mate because I'm in no way having a go at you, sorry if it comes across that way.

All I'm saying is nothing will change if people are shelling out cash only to receive a substandard service and then just accept it. Anyone takes my money in payment then they had better produce.

waltbloke

Old-Salt
Oddly enough, come license renewal time, a person can ‘lose/misplace‘ a photocard license and only send the paper component. Only to be ‘discovered’ upon receipt of a new, correctly entitled replacement. I do this every time, there are far too many tales of missing motorcycle (more than likely others, too) entitlements to take a risk.
Sorry if drifting off thread.

Don't why you wrote that mate because I'm in no way having a go at you, sorry if it comes across that way.

All I'm saying is nothing will change if people are shelling out cash only to receive a substandard service and then just accept it. Anyone takes my money in payment then they had better produce.
I've a weird sense of humour and was, in my own way, gently taking the pish. I didn't think you were having a go. Nae probs. Agree with your second paragraph.

RTU'd

LE
If you send ANYTHING to DVLA YOU MUST send it recorded delivery!
As with the current backlog of 50k of applications they will be able to find it if you complain.

Your MP is the best bet to get it moving along the line as currently a minimum of 12 weeks for LGV Licence renewals with Medical Forms. DVLA have a massive backlog of LGV renewals & new applications.

However Digi Card renewal is 7 days max.

Latest Threads