DVDs to iPOD

Anyone know how to get dvds onto itunes and then onto their ipod?

Want to load my existing DVDs instead of having to pay twice for them by downloading from itunes.

Will this work 'the other way round' ie iplayer to dvd so l can play films l have purchased legally on my home cinema system?

If not, does anyone know how this can be done?

Is the above comments in response to the original topic or can l convert itunes movies to dvd format using these programs?

Ive had a browse through the weblinks, but lm a bit of mong at media files so any advice hugely appreciated!

Fifth_Columnist said:
Download Handbrake - it will rip and convert in one. I have only used the Mac version, and that is excellent, but I have no doubt the Windows version will be the same (albeit not as cool).

HANDBRAKE
I use handbrake, its good as you can change the output to psp, iphone, itouch etc

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
re this Handbrake program - every time I've ripped a dvd to play on my psp using other programs, I find the sound very muffled - what are peoples experiences with this software may I ask please?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
thanks - I shall give it a go.

I swear by slysofts stuff, http://www.slysoft.com/en/ Their products are spot on. I can play, copy and send to my iphone anything I have ever thrown at it.

AnyDVD runs in the system tray and intercepts all DVDs and rips out the encryption and region coding on the fly, so your PC always sees an unencrypted DVD.

CloneDVD copies any DVD I have ever asked it to.

CloneDVD mobile will rip it and convert it to anyformat for use on a portable device.

Theres cracked versions out there, but I have been so happy with them I paid for them and get regular updates. I've been using them for several years and there hasn't been a single issue it couldn't handle and very much plug and play.

As for the other question, turning downloads back into DVDs, theres a few out there. I'm away from home right now and can't check which one I'm using, try a google search, but again theres plug and play ones out there that work like a dream.

Edited to add, I'm sure slysoft let you trial their stuff for 21 days so give it a go, you will never look back.

MAD_FERRET said:
Will this work 'the other way round' ie iplayer to dvd so l can play films l have purchased legally on my home cinema system?

If not, does anyone know how this can be done?
You can rip the content from an ipod and convert it to dvd files quite easily. Just copy the files to your PC then use something like nero to make the file into a dvd file and burn it to a disc.