DVD Ripper

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Wobblyhead, Jan 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know of a decent and preferably free DVD Ripper (DVD to DivX etc.)? I'm going on tour in a couple of months and don't fancy lugging all my DVDs with me.

Cheers.

2. Rip with dvd shrink - good kit - and burn with nero.

FP

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I want to save the DVDs onto my portable hard drive, will DVD shrink do this, my machine runs on XP?
    I'm asking as I have tried about 20 others and I'm still trying to clean up the crap from my PC!

4. dvd shrink will do the job you want. Also, try DVD Decrypter which sometimes has more success than dvd shrink as some dvds have protection on them and dvd decrpter will break it some times.

both will save the files to your hard drive or the portable one, so both are handy.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers, my dads army ones are protected.

6. Not for much longer, by the sound of it :lol: Decrypter is very good

7. Yep DVDDecrypter followed by Divx is the way to go if you have a pc or dvd player with Divx capability.

Be aware that DVD Decrypter was jumped on a few years ago and has not been update in a long while. Don't be put off - it is still better than any paid for system I've seen.

8. DVD Shrink copies most protected DVDs :) so I am told

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

To bring this one back to life -

I am currently using DVD shrink to rip my DVDs to hard drive, but I seem to be getting the films in packets of data rather than as a single film. No problem getting them to play, but not great to have to watch them in 3 instalments.

Any ideas on whether I am not using it correctly, or an alternative bit of freeware to allow me to rip films across as single files?

Thanks