• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

DVD region unlocking codes

Im too stingey to pay for a multi-region DVD player when my existing player is still working.
Does anyone know the web site for getting the codes for unlocking DVDs so they play any region DVDs?
Its a JVC.

Just go to Google and type in your make and model then add '+multiregion' (without the quotes at the end. You should find something there. Remember though. Not all players are multi region capable.

For best results, pour melted cheese in the front and lob in in the tumble drier.

If it still hasn't opened to 'any region' hit it with a chisel.

It may not work first time, I've tried on seven different ones and Ive yet to manage it but I'll persevere

Mighty_doh_nut said:
For best results, pour melted cheese in the front and lob in in the tumble drier.

If it still hasn't opened to 'any region' hit it with a chisel.

It may not work first time, I've tried on seven different ones and Ive yet to manage it but I'll persevere
You are slipping MDN
You completely forgot your "lag on it" approach :wink:

Make sure there is no disc in the player

Unplug DVD player

Plug system back in while holding the "Open/Close" and the "play" buttons (ON THE PLAYER, NOT the remote)

The word "Test" should come up on the player Display

Press "9" on the remote until the display on the player says "00A0 0000"

Press "Standby/on" (remote or player)

Wait 15 seconds

Turn player back on

YOUR PLAYER IS NOW REGION FREE!!!!!

TTFN

BFG

Did you manage to get it to read exactly "00A0 0000"?
From reading some other forums about this, some people are unable to get that displayed correctly.

TTFN

BFG

Managed that, which was good, going to try it again this evening, if I can get it that far its got to work.
Probably have to be more carefull and pay more attention.

Latest Threads