DVD Player / Recorder

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ritch, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didn't think this should go under gaming so I'll drop it off here.

I'm looking for a DVD Player/Recorder in the region of £120-150. I've been having a shufty around the main stores but I was just wondering if any of you lot have got any hints re: good sites/stores to use?

2. Yeah mate I got a multi region Sony DVD recorder off Ebay brand new, for £65, boxed all instructions, remote etc plays copies, foreign discs etc same one in the shops was £300
  3. Cheers mate.
  4. DON'T buy Goodman's, mega shite!
  5. Ahh, *Crosses the Goodman's off his shortlist*
  6. Comment deleted because im a Fecking mong and posted in the wrong thread sorry :oops:
  7. I would avoid Litone's HHD +DVD Recorder, Mrs PoGs is a senior IT Consultant and I'm not daft, but we've had it for over a year and still can't figure out how to use it properly.

Its about a millimetre away from going in the bin :crash: and I will be looking at getting a Sony as they tend to be fairly simple to hook up and use.

Hope that helps

8. Oi Richer, I never got my bloody free headphones when I went into the Cardiff store-they didn't have any in stock and never got back to me!
  9. Tell you what! Email me or call me with your receipt number and I'll send you a pair.
  10. Cheers shipwreck! Email sent :thumright:

(BTW, I do recommend Richersounds to anyone-they do have some pretty fecking decent deals-I've got my eye on a snazzy Samsung 20" LCD TV to go in my cabin for less than £200).
  11. CABIN??????????

You grotty fish-head when not on board it is a ROOM. If it has a round window it is a cabin.

Now gimme sippers on yer goffer I don't want sandy bottoms.

PS On board means going to sea, I know your branch struggles with that concept!
  12. What???? :oops:

And it is a cabin. Bloody junior service stop getting above your station!
  13. Recommend Panasonics DVD-R recorders, Used 2 hooked up to cctv for over three years as well as home use and they are simple to use.
    Also they can use DVD-RAM which really good.