DVD OUT TODAY Young soldier film Broken Britain

I am a film-maker from manchester and have been given a grant to make a short film about army life, this is a fiction film and i want to get my facts correct, so i want to speak to Officers and Soldiers that can help me make a positive, TRUTHFUL film about a soldiers life on leave after returning from conflict,

I want to give you a voice, and this will be a film i want to sit in the audience with you and watch togehter, so iam not going to Hollywood it up or make up untruths,

the film is about Honour to the civvie street family and the family within the regiment, and when a situation arises and you are given a choice, which way do you go, and how is this choice made.

If you are intreasted in helping, and proofing the script and getting involved please e-mail me at info@asha-media.com

many thanks Mark Ashmore (Director)

asha said:
this is a fiction film and i want to get my facts correct
why if its fiction?

I presume he means that he is addressing a factual situation/issue via a ficticious storyline in order to illustrate his point in a more entertaining manner than a straight documentary.

Out of interest, what amount is the grant? And is this a real film that could be seen in cinemas (eventually) or just some poxy student film?

p.s. dont do the whole "war is hell" crap, it's been done to death and most soldiers dont agree with that philosophy.

bloody hell! You certainly hold yourself in high regard Mark. your own website,

"Mark works worldwide, but his home for the moment is in Manchester, in the United Kingdom. Mark Works in TV, Film and Theatre both as an Actor and Director."

"Mark will consider low paid independent films and Film student final Projects too, but please contact his Agent first and send a script or treatment for Mark to consider."

all hail Mark...

An actor, director and model? I now have a strong dislike to you already.
Your websites good for a laugh though!

Don't think we should write him off so soon.

What's the general outline mate?

Despite my comments above I'm rather intrigued by your "story". post the basic story/PM the script to me.

nice work, thats the sort of banter i need in the script see, go watch my other films, you can find them on my wesite or www.asha-media.com , this one i just took to the cannes film festival www.yourstate.co.uk

its not a student job, grants from north west vision and media, not much only 2k, and most people will be working for free, so like i said, i make all the choices,

as for the picture, thats my blue steel look.

Ninja_Turtle said:
Don't think we should write him off so soon.

What's the general outline mate?
This 10min short film is about 2 soliders coming back from Afghanistan after surivving a road side bomb in which 2 other best friends and soldiers where killed because the Landrover they where in was not protected properly. on leave, on the last night, after the wake, in a club, one of them wants to leave the army, the other wants revenge for his dead friends, but when Amy the girlfriend of one of the soldiers reveals she is pregnant, the soldier who vowed revenge must decide which family he will honour.

exactly, thats why i need your input, so rip the idea, but expand it, thats the starting point,

constructive, to the point comments, and it can develop

what would you like to see, thats not been done already and can be made in manchester for 2k.

mark1234 said:
callum13 said:
oldbaldy said:
what a load of crap, Al Quada make better films than that.
Proper sh!te, expect this film to have a student politics slant, I wouldn't trust brylcreem boy as far a jarrod could f**k him.
watch it then give your verdict, i wrote it after seeing what pol pot had done in Cambodia at S21 when i traveled there in 2005 (yes after uni :D ) and also reflects on the regime in burma and Zimbabwe, no student politics. real shit

asha said:
exactly, thats why i need your input, so rip the idea, but expand it, thats the starting point,

what would you like to see, thats not been done already and can be made in manchester for 2k.
Can you confirm that it will be in no way anti military, there are more than enough documentarys and fictional programs that are.

Also is it going to be a PTSD grief fest?

mark1234 said:
asha said:

Can you confirm that it will be in no way anti military, there are more than enough documentarys and fictional programs that are.

Also is it going to be a PTSD grief fest?
its going to be human story, it will have elements of everything possibley PTSD if that effects the characters choices, but only if thats the truth,

i don't know what its like to fight in a war, but my cousin is driving tanks in basra and one of my best mates served in both iraq and afghanistan and is now out, so iam not going to make something that is not going to stand up as truth.

Admit it though you do want to make the soppiest story possible with the intent of making your student chummies cry :crying: and bitch about "the futility of war" hoping to gain something from it all :roll:

"This 10min short film is about 2 soliders coming back from Afghanistan after surivving a road side bomb in which 2 other best friends and soldiers where killed because the Landrover they where in was not protected properly. on leave, on the last night, after the wake, in a club, one of them wants to leave the army, the other wants revenge for his dead friends, but when Amy the girlfriend of one of the soldiers reveals she is pregnant, the soldier who vowed revenge must decide which family he will honour. "

... he mulls this over for a while with the aid of 12 pints of stella (generous wake!) gets into a fight with his mate about the Army being shite. his CSM who is also at the wake comes over to calm the situation down and get them to show a bit of respect. The pished bloke who wants to leave the Army punches out the CSM, the tortured bloke grabs Amy and takes her outside for the safety of his dead mates unborn child as the wake explodes into a bar room brawl. The relatives cower behind the furniture as support company trash the joint and beat each other to a pulp, before making up and getting naked. Amy thanks Mark and, overcome with the emotion of the event, gives him a kneee trembler in an alleyway. Dead bloke's mum sees this and berates her for tainting the memory of her son. tortured bloke (trousers round ankles) throws up 12 pints of stella over dead blokes mum and Amy before passing out in car park...

uqfegd

pp

pensionpointer said:
"This 10min short film is about 2 soliders coming back from Afghanistan after surivving a road side bomb in which 2 other best friends and soldiers where killed because the Landrover they where in was not protected properly. on leave, on the last night, after the wake, in a club, one of them wants to leave the army, the other wants revenge for his dead friends, but when Amy the girlfriend of one of the soldiers reveals she is pregnant, the soldier who vowed revenge must decide which family he will honour. "

... he mulls this over for a while with the aid of 12 pints of stella (generous wake!) gets into a fight with his mate about the Army being shite. his CSM who is also at the wake comes over to calm the situation down and get them to show a bit of respect. The pished bloke who wants to leave the Army punches out the CSM, the tortured bloke grabs Amy and takes her outside for the safety of his dead mates unborn child as the wake explodes into a bar room brawl. The relatives cower behind the furniture as support company trash the joint and beat each other to a pulp, before making up and getting naked. Amy thanks Mark and, overcome with the emotion of the event, gives him a kneee trembler in an alleyway. Dead bloke's mum sees this and berates her for tainting the memory of her son. tortured bloke (trousers round ankles) throws up 12 pints of stella over dead blokes mum and Amy before passing out in car park...

uqfegd

pp
write me something i can make then, that above sounds like eastenders!!!!!! which is not the truth,

pensionpointer said:

uqfegd

pp
Want to make a 'truthfull' film?Make that.I would pay to see it.
Actually I wouldnt,and would wait for it to make its way to a torrent,but you get the idea.