DVD burning service

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by mgmidget, Apr 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Computer mong time again.......yes I have tried a search....

Here's the mission:

Old Folks who live a long way from me, haven't got a computer but have a DVD player.

Ive just created a mixed still and movie clip file of thier new Great Granddaughter which I'd like to send to them on a DVD so they can view it in thier DVD player. Its a WMV file of 14.5Mb (Although I might continue to edit it and it could get bigger).

I havent got a DVD burner on my PC just a CD burner.

Are there any solutions I can carry out myself or does anyone know of a service where you can download the file and it gets burnt onto a DVD and posted back.

Thanks in advance.
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

burn it as a video cd? most dvd players should be able to handle it.
  3. Howdya do that then?
  4. Any decent disc burning software should allow you to burn a videocd, something like nero will do it. :wink:
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Nero has an option to burn as video cd.
  6. Search for a piece of software called "convertxtodvd"

All you do then is chuck the blank DVD into your writer, run the program and it will do the rest for you, converting your WMV to a DVD file and then burning it
  7. Will that work on my normal CD drive?

Havent got Nero on my PC and as this is probably a one off don't want to be buying software if I can help it
  8. There's only one problem AS. The OP only has a CD burner. Best bet would be to buy a DVD burner, you can pick a brand new one up off ebuyer for less than £20 including postage.
  9. yep, sorry, didn't read it properly.

In which case, no it won't work
  10. Download a free thirty day trial of Nero, here it will allow you to use your CD burner to make a Video CD, SuperVideo CD or a Mini DVD and you can uninstall it afterwards.
  11. Which may not play on the DVD player at the other end depending on how old it is.

PM sent
  12. if you are really stuck ie you can't get it to work as a video cd, pm me. You can email me the files over (or host them on a free upload site). I can then access them and burn it to a dvd.

I do the same sort of thing for holidays, special occassions etc for friends and family (i even add music etc to the background of the photo's and add a printed cover for the dvd case).

Sort me out a couple of quid for the postage, disc and disc case and i will do it for you.............!!

PS Try to save it as an avi file as wmv is sometimes a fecker to encode to dvd!!