DV

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by SavageByName, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If this is a sec issue to talk about - MODs please delete!

I'm planning to join the Int Corps early next year (when out of debt), and I have been wondering about the vetting process.

I have been speaking to an ex Spec Op that I work with currently at a TA unit about DV. I have nothing whatsoever to worry about, except maybe for a slightly misspent youth (no record). I am worried about, however, the part of DV that you provide the names and addresses of every line manager you have ever had?

I have a had a few jobs over the years, and some of which I left on bad terms. I don't think I could call these companies and ask for full names and addresses of the people I fought with!

Do many people fail DV? If so, is it generally for potential links to the wrong people, or questionable past (define questionable?)

I'll fill the form regardless and go for it, but I'm just really curious now!

2. in my experience, people generally fail vetting for lying, or trying to conceal something. or having dodgy relatives, which there isn't much you can do about.

no matter what you've done, they've heard far worse.

3. Guaranteed.

I'm just wondering how much of an issue it would be to make an educated guess about start/end dates of jobs I've done, and put in the only addresses I can find for them. I can't imagine I could be failed on the basis of my memory?!?

4. Just tell the 'truth'. Unlike two twin brothers on day one at Ashford in early 80's who admitted, in their 'getting to know you stand up bit, and in front of the assembled DS, to running a car ringing scam - binned next day! - DOH!

5. in my experience, people generally fail vetting for lying, or trying to conceal something. or having dodgy relatives, which there isn't much you can do about.

no matter what you've done, they've heard far worse.

6. One mate was in about 3 days, he done just about everything they asked him about.

7. what point are you DV'd? is it between selection and basic, during basic - can't imaging it's in phase 2!?!

8. No matter what anyone has done, CR has done far worse.

9. FAR FAR worse!

10. computer is fucked. it froze and wouldn't respond for ages.

either that or the vetting people were spying on me again :)

11. It's the Spiderman thing matey! They always remember.

12. Fathers4Justice?

13. lol. If you've seen the photos you'd understand. PM CR for further info!

14. it obviously made far more of an impact on you than it should on normal people.

i sincerely hope i am not now a part of your "spank bank"!