DV security clearance for EWSO

McCarthy96

Swinger
Hello all

Just a quick question about the DV application for EWSO that you have to pass in order to get to Chicksands to complete your training.
I have heard that DV applications normally require multiple interviews from the MOD with yourself and family/friends, but the national careers centre told me that I wouldn’t require any interviews and they just get a certificate through to say that I’m cleared. Doesn’t make much sense to me.
Just wondered if there are any serving EWSO who can give me some insight into whether or not there are interviews and what do they consist of? :)

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
If that's your name and DOB then I would suggest you you review your own personal security on here.

When my DV / CTS application was going through my referees were interviewed over the phone - I think they basically want to confirm what you have already said.

It's nothing to worry about - unless you have something to hide!

(I was last vetted about 8 years ago though - so it may have changed - but I doubt it)

Good luck

MB

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
The national careers centre is mistaken and is telling you things applicable to a lower clearance level.

Hello all

Just a quick question about the DV application for EWSO that you have to pass in order to get to Chicksands to complete your training.
I have heard that DV applications normally require multiple interviews from the MOD with yourself and family/friends, but the national careers centre told me that I wouldn’t require any interviews and they just get a certificate through to say that I’m cleared. Doesn’t make much sense to me.
Just wondered if there are any serving EWSO who can give me some insight into whether or not there are interviews and what do they consist of? :)
Your Security Clearance (SC) is automatic, and that will keep you going through Phase 1 training. Once you hit Phase 2 they'll start the DV process sharpish, as it's not that far into it that you go to Chicksands. I can confirm you are indeed interviewed after filling out a rather extensive form, mine was about an hour long, but it can vary significantly depending on your family background. A friend of mine whose parents are Russian (including one that served in the Soviet Air Force) had an interview that came in just short of four hours.

Once you've done that they'll disappear off and contact whoever they want to contact to corroborate things you've said. In my case, no-one was contacted, so they must have been fairly happy with what I told them. The key is to be completely honest, they're simply checking that you're not hiding anything that can be used to blackmail you in future. If they know you've been bankrupt for spending all your money on prostitutes, and you fail to disclose that information, they'll think you're hiding it, and that it could be used against you in future by a couple of Russian tourists.

It's nothing to worry about unless you're a serial liar with a lot to hide.

I was DVd and didn’t even know it was happening, it was only sometime later when talking to friends they mentioned they had been interviewed.

There is no certificate, it’s just listed on your docs/JPA.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
DV will also check what you posted on ARRSE.