Duties On Xmas Day

#1
I like many across the British Army have been selected because of my outstanding military performace to book on xmas day! as if could not get any worse I am told the Salvation Fairy will be visiting me to rub in the fact that I am spending another xmas day away from my wife who will be watching tv on her own. Thank you! Thank you Mr careers officer who left that fact out so many years ago. I shall leave some milk and cookies out if I can pry them from the meals and deals department and leave it out for Santa. That is unless the RSM steels them.

So unite with me all persons on duty over xmas and say "horay" as you sleep all day! in the peace and quite.
 
#2
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, trying to typ fast during work time.
 
#5
Dont get a sad on.. get mag on and stag on .. happy xmas
 
#6
I remember one Christmas I was duty NCO in the mess over the Christmas period which was rare as I have so many kids. :roll:
I gave the Orderly Officer the keys to the bar and took my crew home for Christmas dinner. then spent new year trying to figure out how one rupert could drink so much in 24hrs :D
 
#7
Oh I just noticed your nickname
Xmas GS non celebrating.....dues out....dec 2007
 
#10
Think I got jiffed for 11 of the 12 Christmas days I spent in the mob. Really hacked as Christmas day is my birthday :cry: :cry:

Are there some violins out there for a sad medic as well :? :?

fastmedic
 
#11
fastmedic said:
Think I got jiffed for 11 of the 12 Christmas days I spent in the mob. Really hacked as Christmas day is my birthday :cry: :cry:

Are there some violins out there for a sad medic as well :? :?

fastmedic
The Messiah!!!!!!!!!
 
#12
g10_computer_geek said:
I am spending another xmas day away from my wife who will be watching tv on her own. Thank you! Thank you Mr careers officer who left that fact out so many years ago.
OK Detail Unload!!!

Well f-ck me i can't belive what i have just read!!!! I didn't realise that our Corps had employed any unproffesional soldiers I thought we all got paid 24/7 365 days a year. By the sounds of it mate you have done a few years and yes a Xmas duty or two in the bag but for God's sake is this what our Corps has become? Whinging and whining because for 24 hours on a certain day you are on duty, I never hear complaints when people are on duty Remembrance Sunday (in my opinion a far more important day). I am lucky i will be home from Ops just before Xmas, EOT, but guys out here won't see there wives and kids for months. I won't be polite....SHUT UP YOU WHINER it could be a lot worse, enjoy your Xmas leave and spare a thought for those away from there families for a lot longer than 24 hours.

Clear Ease Springs!!
 
#13
drain_sniffer said:
fastmedic said:
Think I got jiffed for 11 of the 12 Christmas days I spent in the mob. Really hacked as Christmas day is my birthday :cry: :cry:

Are there some violins out there for a sad medic as well :? :?

fastmedic
The Messiah!!!!!!!!!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy...
 
#14
baldricksdad said:
g10_computer_geek said:
I am spending another xmas day away from my wife who will be watching tv on her own. Thank you! Thank you Mr careers officer who left that fact out so many years ago.
OK Detail Unload!!!

Well f-ck me i can't belive what i have just read!!!! I didn't realise that our Corps had employed any unproffesional soldiers I thought we all got paid 24/7 365 days a year. By the sounds of it mate you have done a few years and yes a Xmas duty or two in the bag but for God's sake is this what our Corps has become? Whinging and whining because for 24 hours on a certain day you are on duty, I never hear complaints when people are on duty Remembrance Sunday (in my opinion a far more important day). I am lucky i will be home from Ops just before Xmas, EOT, but guys out here won't see there wives and kids for months. I won't be polite....SHUT UP YOU WHINER it could be a lot worse, enjoy your Xmas leave and spare a thought for those away from there families for a lot longer than 24 hours.
Clear Ease Springs!!
of course, as long as it is the same for everyone old boy,

meanwhile, the Floggings MUST continue until morale improves,,,,, stag on.
 
#16
cowshed said:
drain_sniffer said:
fastmedic said:
Think I got jiffed for 11 of the 12 Christmas days I spent in the mob. Really hacked as Christmas day is my birthday :cry: :cry:

Are there some violins out there for a sad medic as well :? :?

fastmedic
The Messiah!!!!!!!!!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy...
True I can be naughty and nice :? :?

Only good Xmas duty was meeting Maggie Thatcher in NI and the CO told her it was my birthday........I never lived it down from the rest of the team. :oops:

She didn't give me a pressie though :x


fastmedic
 
#17
I'll be contraversial - shouldn't all the non-Christians/Athiests get the Xmas duties? After all it is supposed to be a Christian religious holiday? Don't we let those form other religions have the time off for thier religious festivals?
 
#18
FNUSNU said:
I'll be contraversial - shouldn't all the non-Christians/Athiests get the Xmas duties? After all it is supposed to be a Christian religious holiday? Don't we let those form other religions have the time off for thier religious festivals?
Oh imagine the number of Christians that would come out of the woodwork!! I,m off to church now Xmas is looming i wanna get in with the big fella early and i don't mean santa!!
 
#19
Christmas Day is just another day of the year and oddly enough the world does not stop. When our kids were smaller Christmas Day moved around the calendar a bit!

For grown-ups it does not matter so get on with it.

That said, I recall that every year my Grandfather would recount how in 1940 he had spent the whole period between Christmas Eve and New Years Day freezing in a pillbox knocked up out of old railway sleepers overlooking the Medway "with nothing but stale corned beef sandwiches, a Lewis gun, two ammo drums and instructions to make it last."

Never forgave the Germans.
 
#20
G10,
I'm lucky - I'm on duty on boxing day this year :)
I'm also an Atheist, so not too fussed anyway.
Re: Atheists/non-believers doing Xmas duties - why? Christmas is based on a festival predating christianity by thousands of years, druids/pagans etc. have been getting drunk at midwinter for aeons. Why stop their fun? 'Share and care' duties is the way to go.
P.S. G10geek knows what it's like to be away on ops at christmas - he was in Iraq with me last year....
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top