Duties of a section 2ic

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by acm2205, Aug 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, currently away on ops and the sqn have decided to run a pre cadre while we are out here, just been spammed to teach the above tomorrow and although I can get the majority across off the cuff, I would prefer to make sure I've got it right. Got no access to any pams or the intranet currently, so any lessons plans etc would be greatly appreciated.

2. Doing what the ic tells you to do?
  3. ammo states, water and rations, stag list.
  4. give orders.
    take orders.
  5. A good plan always better and moral boosting will be appreciated.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. Know where all your equipment is, know where all your people are, be prepared to take over. Command your fire team
  7. Secretary to the section IC, take the admin burden off him, you do the following

Ammo State
    Build Models 2 General View and Detailed View
    Warning orders for the section
    Batteries and C Sups
    Radio and CEI
    Basic Medical
    Maintain Infrastructure of the Patrol Harbour Area
    Step Up 1

Patrol 2ic
    Fire team/Link Man
    Ammo and Med
    Check Nav
    Set up Trip Flares once back in
    Step Up 1

Thats as far as I can remember hope that helps, there is tons more it is not set in stone and is down to USOP
  8. Sect 2IC?

Milk, 2 sugars...
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
  10. Making sure your Section aren't admin vortexes!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fair few REMFY answers there.

Dave's advice is good.

A 2IC's duties are far more important than "milk 2 sugars"

As a 2IC it is your responsibility for the admin upkeep of your section. This means liasing with both the Platoon Sergeant and Section Commander. Making sure your blokes are carrying the correct equipment and ammuntion right down to making sure they put there warm kit on in the FRV or Ambush.

The list is probaly endless to an extent. However from my experience I would say the two most important things are, the maintanance and being able to step up to section commander.

The duties are listed para style in PAM 3, so if and when you can get your hands on it, it may be worth a look.

Good luck.