Not appropriate to discuss the role on these means...i.e. in the open forum. However, expect to do a lot of analysis, info extraction, etc. You might be better off talking to the Int Corps loonies on their site..
PM if you want more but really, get the student precis from the UFIO cse at Chicksands, it is all in there.
1. Explain what the hell the Bn IO meant everytime he spoke
2. Give me the same int as the CO so that I didn't look dumb
3. Keep the company interested in what is going on around them
4. Remember that they work for the coy but have mixed loyalty to BHQ too
5. Take the blame when the G2 mess up
6. Be honest and tell me when they didnt know something and...
7. Go and find the answer when they didn't
8. Keep the 102s in order! If you don't know what they are you must learn!
I think that pretty much sums it up! It's not a great position, most Coy IOs end up torn between Coy and Bn, and a good Coy Comd understands that. The worst cases are when the Coy Comd thinks that the Coy IO is a specially trained personal G2 special operations cell purely for their amusement.