Duties length?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by timpegasus, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so we have just got new razz man who is keen as feck to say the least and he has now changed all the duties round so that we as jnco s are doing the duty senior s job which was done by the stripeys who changed over daily but with us its a 24 hour 7 day a week long duty is this allowed?
  2. Yes it is allowed, he's in charge not you. It's just like a big game of 'scissors, paper, rank'. And funnily enough, rank always wins!
  3. Fair doos you'd be fecked if you were in a busy infantry Bn in paderborn on a pay Fri/sat night!!
  4. Well of course he is not allowed. If I were you I would report him to the shop steward and get your union on to him. Or even better just vote the fecker out and get a new Tara in who is more in touch with the feelings and aspirations of his comrades..
  5. If you don't like it you can always tell him to sling his hook! Just don't turn up, or try running naked through Bn HQ with a plastic tulip up your arse, that will always get you off duties.

Hey Mong, oh magnificent one, one for you I think....
  6. Be careful, he might roster several duties to happen at the same time, but in different places. If you spot that in advance, you can at least arrange your own times with the others involved, and he will have to guess where you are.

The Arrmy. It's just one big larrf.
  7. Ha if wit was shit you lot would be constipated!

What I and a few others here want to know is the duty length not excessive 7 days a week and 24 hours a day when the seniors did it for one day then changed over?
  8. If it's a 7 day shift then surely it won't come around very often? Maybe the badge is trialing it? Give it some time before bleating about it!

The Badge.
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You are at RTMC, not Colchester at kicking out time - it is hardly onerous. Turn up for work a little bit more for 7 days then no duties for months, so it will probably work in your favour.
  10. I m not bothered about it it ll be once a year with the amount of juniors we have and I wont get one till next year! It was more a question of finding out for others really.
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

It's nothing new!
    In my distant past I did week long duties.
    Was never a problem.
  12. What kind of duty is it actually going to be? Is it one of those duties that doesn't actually require a lot of work and therefore is pointless moaning about, or will you required to be up all night, all week aswell as doing your normal job?
  13. Take 5. There that'll keep you busy for a while and your mates wont have any to do for over a month.
  14. Ha! A new razzman you say? Keen as fuck you say? Piece of piss, I say! Being as he is new, he probably won't know that there is a secret period of time every day when you are not actually bound to follow orders as you are not in receipt of pay (I think it's 0000:00 -0000:59) you are allowed to do what you want and you can't get done for it. If you combine this with the other well known secret law about having 8 seconds from the point of being woken up (when you are not legally responsible for your actions) you could in effect get your head legally down for 59 seconds. When the guard commander wakes you up to resume your stag, fucking smack him one as hard as you can and then feign sleepy rubby eyes and confusion as to where you are and remember to ask loudly (in front of witnesses) "where am I? what's going on?"

The RSM will quickly tire of marching his entire guard onto CO's Orderley Room only to see them march out again, scot free and I think he will see the error of his ways. You should be back on one gate guard every other day in no time at all. Winner!

New Razzer my arrse, he's no match for a well seasoned barrack room lawyer and no mistake!
  15. No, no! It's 2359 - 0000 (there being no such time as 0000). Trust me, I'm an Emperor.