Dutch soldiers in Afghanistan suspended

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fantassin, Oct 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dutch soldiers in Afghanistan suspended

Published: Friday 26 September 2008 06:45 UTC
    Last updated: Friday 26 September 2008 08:19 UTC
    In Afghanistan, 24 Dutch Task Force Uruzgan soldiers have been temporarily suspended from active service. The Dutch Defence Ministry reports that there are tensions among the group. The trouble is said to have been occurring for several days.

The ministry says it is no longer responsible to allow the group to go on patrol. The soldiers apparently refused collectively to carry out an order. They found it insulting to be ordered to provide protection to a less well-trained unit carrying out tasks they wanted to perform themselves.

2. msr

msr LE

Poor diddums.
  3. Got a lot of time for the cloggies. Good lads.
    Wonder if this is just a G1 thing or if it signifies something a bit deeper?
    They have a Union which is amusing to watch in action:
    Shall we do this pump exercise?
    Exercise is cancelled.
  4. Cloggie will be here later I reckon to tell us that it was his fault!!!
  5. So much for seeing the bigger picture.....and working as a team, whether it be your own or multinationally. A disgrace if you ask me. Shoot them at dawn......or Dawns house....wherever :)
  6. it's only fair for them to protect the "less well trained" unit isn't it?

rather than have the "less well trained" protect the better trained.

i suppose it depends on the context
  7. This was in another thread yesterday:[hr]
  8. [​IMG]

But these are those that are "less well trained"

Ok the soldiers are Belgian,but that would not have been so amusing,would it?
  9. Don't belgian soldiers wear those strikingly strange orange/grey/blue camos (when they're not in the desert, obviously).
  10. bet my kids could beat up your kids :lol:

Attached Files:

11. Assuming this isn't a Wah!, and in my defence I have been on a pub crawl tonight, a quick and dirty translated version courtesy of Google Translate. It's not exactly great but it gets the gist across.

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Those your lads? if so bloody good drills that man. is that an LMG or a Bren?
  13. Its a bren and an L85a1
    but they aitn my kids just a pic i saw, :lol:
    If they were mine they would either be on the 50CAL or the gimpy SF role :twisted: