Dutch looking to recruit South Africans to fill shortfall

I wonder if any SADF 32 Battalion vets who aren't with Blackwater or their ilk still have any fight left in them?
Disbanded in 1993 (after an awkward massacre of civilians in a public park), the unit was nicknamed "The Terrible ones", not because they were piss poor at their jobs though - I think the nickname was given to them by their enemies on account of them being murderous fooks
Yep.
Depending on one's point of view, either heroes or scumbags.
Friend of mine is ex senior officer in parabats (as well as being very senior in the veterans organisations) - hates them with a passion and will have nothing to do with them.

32 and the Bats have always had friction between them, despite both being creations of Bruinman. Goes back to an incident where 32 were operating as pseudos and no one bothered sanitising the area in which they were working. Ran into a Bat patrol and got shot up just a wee bit.

Bit of retaliatory argie bargie and it just became habit, much like jumping the wall in Tempe to give the Panzers a good seeing to.

Both effective units but could probably have done a bit better without the aggro between them.

Last edited:
I work with a lot of Dutch ex forces. It's not viewed as a long term career option unlike the UK. They lose a lot of bods prior to the 9 year point.

The comments section on that news article is hilarious. Dozens of them are giving out their names, email addresses and/or phone numbers, with no concept of PERSEC and expecting the Dutch armed forces to read and respond

How is one able to join the Dutch army from south africa and with what requirements
Fly to Amsterdam Schipol airport, as soon as you get to arrivals, turn right - keep walking and the enlistment office is just between the Hertz-rent-a-car, and Naafi Van-Driver outlets.

Nikey

Crow
Fly to Amsterdam Schipol airport, as soon as you get to arrivals, turn right - keep walking and the enlistment office is just between the Hertz-rent-a-car, and Naafi Van-Driver outlets.
Is there anyway i can contact them from south africa before flying?

Is there anyway i can contact them from south africa before flying?
+31 20 794 0800 and ask to be connected to the army enlistment office.
It closes at 20:30 Dutch time though, so you’ve got an hour, if you want to try tonight.

It’s not been there long so, if the operator is unaware, tell them it’s the new office next to Naafi Van Driver.

Nikey

Crow
+31 20 794 0800 and ask to be connected to the army enlistment office.
It closes at 20:30 Dutch time though, so you’ve got an hour, if you want to try tonight.

It’s not been there long so, if the operator is unaware, tell them it’s the new office next to Naafi Van Driver.
Thank you. I will let you know if i need anymore help

The cancer is funnier. Especially when it happens to the whining one trick shitwit.

It's an indictment of the number of sub normal mouth breathers out there. The Kardashians are making similar dosh just for having steatopygic arses.

Stupid people think it's all great.

Latest Threads