Dutch F16 & Spitfire

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RichieRichard, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was something that no-one expected to see at last Friday's Eastbourne Airbourne airshow, a Royal Dutch F16 flying in formation with a Spitfire.

Attached Files:

2. I live right under the IP for the airshow. For two days the Typhoon flew with the Spitfire. I had the Red Arrows flying past my balcony at zero feet and 500 knots.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Noisy gits, even when I bog off to the wood they seem to use it as a forming up point. The traffic is hell for 4 days, still stirs the heart to hear a merlin though!

4. If you look closher,you can shee that both are Dutch :p

[​IMG]

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought that in the first pic that was the infamous Czech Spit of BNP fame?

6. Yes it was a great Show. I was there for all 4 days, spotter that I am. Shame the Blue Eagles weren't there. I suppose Flashing and the boys have got other things on their mind.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If we are at home next year we will hold an airbourne BBQ!

8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Someone's been smoking something illegal to paint an F16 those colours

9. I saw eight Red Arrows(?) go over here yesterday.I thought there were nine of them?

10. Going for a landspeed record were they?

11. Perhaps the one Duffdike saw at zero feet and 500 knots was actually crashing, it would explain the missing Hawk.

12. Cheers for the clips, apparently on the Saturday a couple of US F86 Sabres came over Eastbourne but unfortunately I was playing cricket so missed them, bugger!! lol