Dutch Confirm Afghan Exit

REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.
NATO spokesman says they will stand the gap.
Oruzgan projects will be left unfinished.
Cloggies were always going to endex in Aug 2010, it's been on the cards for months.

As such, put the outrage bus back in the garage and get over yourself.

In fact the original intention was to remove troops in 2008, but as no other NATO country would come up with troops to fill the gap this would create they have managed to get to stay until 2010.

StickyToffeePudding said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.
Cloggies were always going to endex in Aug 2010, it's been on the cards for months.

Outrage bus? What fvcking thread you reading you tw@t? I only linked to the story. If I am getting over anything it is prob your old lady.

REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

So much on the cards that it broke the Government coalition - so not that much on the cards then.

REMFQuestions said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

Outrage bus? What fvcking thread you reading you tw@t? I only linked to the story. If I am getting over anything it is prob your old lady.
Oh, sorry, my mistake. Thanks for sharing bone news with us. Just what the site needs on a Sunday.

My old lady said she gave you a charity shag and that you hardley touched the sides. She did think it 'sweet' that you cried afterwards and wanted to cuddle...

rickshaw-major said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

So much on the cards that it broke the Government coalition - so not that much on the cards then.
Taken from the link:

"In October, the Dutch parliament voted that the deployment must definitely end by August 2010. "

So, yes, actually on the cards since October 2009, or around 4 to 5 months.

Nice try, close, but no cigar.

rickshaw-major said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

Taken from the link:

"In October, the Dutch parliament voted that the deployment must definitely end by August 2010. "

Taken from the link - the bit after the quote above - the bit you left out to prove your point 8)

"Mr Balkenende's government had not endorsed that vote, and the finance minister and leader of the Labour Party, Wouter Bos, demanded an immediate ruling from the prime minister.

When they failed to reach a compromise during marathon talks that continued into the early hours of Saturday, Labour said it was pulling out of the coalition."

You are ashie or sven/whet and I claim my fiver. Tut tut - naughty boy:twisted:

REMFQuestions said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

And actually talking to Cloggies in Theatre in late 2008 when they headed RC(S) the majority view was that there was not a major political appetite for the long term

J2 apparently not to hot on HUMINT :wink:

REMFQuestions said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. Thanks for sharing bone news with us. Just what the site needs on a Sunday.

My old lady said she gave you a charity shag and that you hardley touched the sides. She did think it 'sweet' that you cried afterwards and wanted to cuddle...
I did cry, it was after I noticed her HIV medicine on the bedside table. I wished I had of bagged up...but then my tears were nothing compared to the Bn's reaction when I told them! You have never seen a parade bomburst so quickly. Been through a few has she?

rickshaw-major said:
rickshaw-major said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

Taken from the link:

Taken from the link - the bit after the quote above - the bit you left out to prove your point 8)

"Mr Balkenende's government had not endorsed that vote, and the finance minister and leader of the Labour Party, Wouter Bos, demanded an immediate ruling from the prime minister.

When they failed to reach a compromise during marathon talks that continued into the early hours of Saturday, Labour said it was pulling out of the coalition."

You are ashie or sven/whet and I claim my fiver. Tut tut - naughty boy:twisted:

Another nice try.

The Dutch Government is a coalition government, fact.

In October, the Dutch parliament voted that the deployment must definitely end by August 2010, fact.

As one of the two largest parties in the Dutch Government had voted for the withdrawl in October, this withdrawl was always going to happen, fact.

As one of the largest two parties in the Dutch coalition Government would not support the Dutch PMs idea to keep a smaller number of Dutch troops in AFG, the Dutch Cabinet collapsed, fact.

So nothing changes, the original decision to pull Dutch Troops has been on the cards for months as the second biggest coalition partner in the Dutch government voted for them to be pulled out then and will not change their position on it, fact.

If you got out of your bath chair more and kept abreast of this things you would have known this showdown was on the cards since Octobers's parliamentry vote on the issue, fact!

Keep trying, you're in your own time.

REMFQuestions said:
REMFQuestions said:
REMFQuestions said:
More here...

They leave in August.

I did cry, it was after I noticed her HIV medicine on the bedside table. I wished I had of bagged up...but then my tears were nothing compared to the Bn's reaction when I told them! You have never seen a parade bomburst so quickly. Been through a few has she?

You must be so proud of yourself to have got a nomination in the 'Cocks and Knobbers' thread within days of joining:

The_Snail said:
mucus2 said:
REMFQuestions

Seen in action here... http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=144287/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=180.html

Surely a true internet hard man, albeit , one with an upmarket taste in grub.

Still a w4nker though.
Concurred.
The daft sod is trying to take on the world. Bet it's not in my office at 0800hrs tomorrow though.
Yours etc.

Fcuk off and die.

There is no such thing as "definitely" in Dutch politics. This is just a petty attempt by Labour to show its teeth. And an easy escape from a few domestic issues Labour would rather not deal with at the moment. They bailed out and used Afghanistan. There will be a compromise (as usual) except this one might take a few months and put more pressure on NATO.

Pretty much everybody in Holland believes it would be a waste to leave Uruzgan all together. And it's not really about leaving but more about putting an end to being the lead nation in Uruzgan. One of the PRTs will stay behind with a trimmed down force. Even when Labour gets back in the new government our forces will stay in Afghanistan. May be not in the current format, but they will not leave.

Mark my words, by the end of this year we'll still be in Afghanistan. And next year. However, it's possible our government has by then called it "Taskforce Tarin Kowt and surroundings" instead of "Taskforce Uruzgan".

Stanley1975 said:
There is no such thing as "definitely" in Dutch politics. This is just a petty attempt by Labour to show its teeth. And an easy escape from a few domestic issues Labour would rather not deal with at the moment. They bailed out and used Afghanistan. There will be a compromise (as usual) except this one might take a few months and put more pressure on NATO.

Pretty much everybody in Holland believes it would be a waste to leave Uruzgan all together. And it's not really about leaving but more about putting an end to being the lead nation in Uruzgan. One of the PRTs will stay behind with a trimmed down force. Even when Labour gets back in the new government our forces will stay in Afghanistan. May be not in the current format, but they will not leave.

Mark my words, by the end of this year we'll still be in Afghanistan. And next year. However, it's possible our government has by then called it "Taskforce Tarin Kowt and surroundings" instead of "Taskforce Uruzgan".
Oh I totally agree.

My point is, right or wrong, that this situation, troops coming out, collaps of the coalition government etc has been on the cards since October's vote on the issue of keeping Dutch troops in AFG and is typical of the horse trading between parties in a coalition government.

It's nothing new to the well read and well informed!

You must be so proud of yourself to have got a nomination in the 'Cocks and Knobbers' thread within days of joining:
Yawn. :D

No, you must be confusing me with someone who gives a fvck about an online forum. As for the fvck off and die part...did you not read my post above about your wife giving me the AIDS?

I can't believe someone is sad enough to go to the trouble of starting another post in another thread to complain! :D That is an impressive lack of a life..and then you take the time to search, read and copy his work here!

:D Ah the joys of throwing verbal bananas at chimps. Entertain me fvcko, post some more.

...typical of the horse trading between parties in a coalition government.
It is indeed, but it shouldn't be done over international issues because it causes too much confusion. (just my thoughts here not a dig at you).

Uruzgan will be on the next election list of "issues" and Labour will either give in or end up in the oposition.

Stanley1975 said:
...typical of the horse trading between parties in a coalition government.
It is indeed, but it shouldn't be done over international issues because it causes too much confusion. (just my thoughts here not a dig at you).

Uruzgan will be on the next election list of "issues" and Labour will either give in or end up in the oposition.
No dig seen, and I agree with you.

The political classes being the sneaky, devious little sh!ts that they are will always attack at the weakest point regarless of the 'bigger picture', and in this case that would be CDA's stance of keeping Dutch troops in AFG.

I just wonder what will buy Dutch Labour off domestically to give their support to CDA's ideas for Dutch Troops in AFG in future months.