Dutch coalition to abolish all shooting in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by velcrostripes, Apr 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That is horrendous. For crying out load don't let our idiots get any ideas.

Does that mean EVERY case. You can imagine the call centre "I need to shoot a fox that's about to eat my chickens ... Eating my chickens... Eaten my chickens ... Oh never mind"

N.B. Yes I know a fox would take just one and kill and leave the rest.

2. Does that include archery, crossbows, catapults and such?

3. It is not abolishing all shooting, it is placing restrictions on what animals outside of the approved quarry list can be shot and when.

4. So it's a missleading thread tile then.

5. I see the cloggies don't prohibit shooting chavs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yup

7. In the unique case of Holland it's probably a good idea. Never trust a man who's had (Dutch accent required here) a leedle shmoke before reaching for the gun locker.

OZ

8. On an a related note - where does the quote that the firearms ban in the UK would stop all deaths by firearms come from. It's something I would like to use more often when facebook morons start up about the evil of guns, etc but would like to reference it.

9. I don't think there is any quote that says a ban would stop '"all" deaths from firearms. Even the GCN doesn't believe that ... but there agian.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I seem to recall that they got around not banning game shooting in Holland by banning game rearing! Same effect, how on earth they can claim to be liberal when they are nanny state nazis of the worst sort!

11. There's nothing more Liberal than imposing your own view of right and wrong on everyone else, by force if necessary, 'for the good of society', and nothing more Liberal than opposing any and all dissent by stigmatising it as being motivated by the utmost malevolence.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

/customavatars/avatar22254_4.gif

A mat you can really stamp your boots clean on.