During holding

Hello I’m 17 just finished basic training as a junior entrant in Harrogate and am due to go to blandford camp to complete phase 2, however after our induction week we are going to be put on holding until our course starts which I believe to be about 3-4 weeks is anyone able to shed light on what we can expect while holding and if there will be a chance to complete our driving test etc

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well done for completing phase 1. If you get a choice to fill the time, try and get some AT in. Maybe skiing this time of year, making up a short notice fill on a trip?

Yeah I do enjoy skiing and I didn’t know we had option to do things like that at phase 1 Harrogate for short course was jam packed and no chance to do any kind of sport or AT

Long time ago , we were in holding in Harrogate. Did anything we wanted to. Me and a few mates did Ben Nevis , Scarfeld Pike and Snowden in two weeks , all free rail passes and 24 hr rations.

Bugger was when one of the others did the basic para course . Messed up , broke his leg. After that it was very touchy feely as we were all going to the Falklands after and those in charge did not want to lose a man so all courses were stopped.

Hello I’m 17 just finished basic training as a junior entrant in Harrogate and am due to go to blandford camp to complete phase 2, however after our induction week we are going to be put on holding until our course starts which I believe to be about 3-4 weeks is anyone able to shed light on what we can expect while holding and if there will be a chance to complete our driving test etc
It used to be day on guard, day doing manual work

kimmi851

War Hero
Volunteer, shove the hand up for anything that sounds even vaguely palatable - because the rest will get "clean stuff" and get beasted for the whole day with brooms. I got "we are going to make you up to look like a casualty for those on Basic". "pretend to be an officer who has done stupid stuff to train the police trainees" and "rearrange the entire accommodation for the camp - no you can't put the lad you have a crush on in the girls block - even he doesn't have the stamina"

Latest Threads