Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Put this application on my phone a while ago, thought it was just going to be another gimmicky short lived thing that I would uninstall rapidly. However, I am finding it has a quite phenomenal capacity and approach. Perhaps more useful for those with rudimentary ability already, but most certainly good enough to give a young Tom in Germany the linguistic skills to order a beer and trap off!
    The more I play with it the more I recall being back in the Education centre at Alanbrooke!

Excellent resource 7 out of 10 on the drunken linguisticly challenged squaddie scale.

Edit: Dear Mod, the word education caused me to stick it here, if there is a better place, please move it along.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
  2. Yep. I like that it grades your spoken phrases too. Good confidence builder.

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ditto...wotesaid....handy gadgy thobut.....three Mr Potatoheids

4. I prefer 50languages, but I am a complete beginner on every one of the languages i've looked at so far, and I'm using the free versions, 'cos I'm tighter than a ducks Arrse.

5. I must admit, I was impressed with this app. ;)

6. Tres bon Raymond

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. NSP

NSP LE

Mange tout, mange tout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Je suis un l'orange, mon amis.

9. Ich bin ein Berliner - with extra fresh cream. :D

10. Julle klomp etterkoppe.

11. How does it deal with three or four Pissed Poles- the only words I could understand was F......

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I've downloaded it a couple of years ago to deal with my then Italian GF's fam, and actually found it fun to use. It's almost like a game which you can play with while commuting on the tube etc.

13. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

My sister gave me an Amazon Fire thing for Christmas and this is the only app I use on it, in fact I just passed the 200 Days in a Row mark.

Och varför är mina byxor så smutsiga?

14. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Repeat please.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Taxi zum Harem bitte. That and kann ich gern eine feurzeug bitte was all I really needed.

• Funny Funny x 2