Dunking Biscuits

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, May 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have just placed a post on another site which has lead me to this question of overwhelming seriousness that we must have a debate.

Do you dunk biscuits in your brew?

I say NO. NO. NO.

Biscuits are crisp lovely things which are not meant to be left as soggy crumbs at the bottom of a mug/cup/mess tin.

Discuss (as long as you agree with me).
  2. You Puff!

Dunk yer biccy, but not for too long.

Bourbon creams dipped in a nato coffee is a delicacy sent from Jesus himself.
  3. depends... chocolate hobnobs should be dunked, but dunking of digestives, rich tea etc should be avoided.

thats my input now wheres my beer? :wink:
  4. I disagree - rich tea should be dunked but I like my shortbread neat.
  5. Auld-Yin

Thank you for your honest, if somewhat mislead replies. I forgot that at an older age teeth become a bit fragile and soaking said bikkie in brew leads to an easy life.

Bite into the crunch.
  6. Hmmm. Tough one.

I will happily dunk any biscuit in coffee. I am, however, a bit picky as to which biccie I will dunk in tea.

As a rule though, I think dunking biscuits should be encouraged as a Good Thing.

7. Auld-Yin

Heretic :!: :twisted:
  8. ^ Perhaps. Although I'd never dunk a biscuit in hot chocolate for some strange reason.

LairdX should try dunking shortbread in a glass of mulled wine, which is a bit of a treat even if I say so myself.

Without sounding like a bit of a big girl's blouse, may I suggest that the question be re-phrased to be a bit more specific: my input has made it clear that dunkage hinges on the nature of the hot beverage concerned.

9. Auld-Yin

Sorry but no. The question is to dunk or not to dunk - that is the question :?:
  10. What is the matter with you all. All biscuits should be dunked, thats the only reason God invented them. without biscuits we would have to dip our toast in tea then we would be fcuked
  11. ^ But surely, such dunking fundamentalism is the road down which madness lies? This is how wars start.

Would you, for example, consider dunking a stale biscuit in an extreme, Ray Mears-stylee survival situation to improve the taste a bit?

12. It has to be a resounding yes to dunking from this call sign. Apart from rich tea, because they just cant take it, but then again, they are a bit of a puffs biscuit anyway :lol: Hob-nobs now there's a real mans biscuit.
  13. Auld-Yin

Vegitus FFS did your post mean yes or no?

Mighty Blighty - your 'man' biscuit has to be softened before you can get your wallies (false teeth) round it? You Puff :cry:
  14. You are forcing me to make a qualified "Yes." Under protest.

However, I remain a liberal on such matters inasmuch as there are circumstances where I wouldn't dunk.

One must not force people into a corner on issues such as this.

15. Auld-Yin

Have you been to the Tony Bliar school of answers?