Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by glyndwr, Mar 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 10 years ago a madman walked into the primary school in Dunblane and slaughtered a number of innocents. I have to say I thought I was a ruffty tufty soldier and nothing would effect me, however that day upset me immensely. I for one will be thinking today of the parents and families of the innocent victims.
  2. Nothing could prepare you for the shock that this produced. I remember the tears I spilled at the time.

My thoughts are with the parents and families of those poor innocent children, and the teacher who tried, in vain, to protect them.
  3. i can't believe it was really 10 years ago!
    i vivdly recall the overwhelming emotions i felt hearing what had happened on the news that day.
    speaking as someone who can watch the most disturbing things on the news in a calm and objective manner, i am still stunned at how i felt that day. i can't describe the sadness i felt for the families involved, and the poor innocents murdered. a tragic and terrible day that we, as onlookers (well me, and i guess most everyone else) watched in disgusted horror. i know i cried a river watching the news that day!
    poor souls
    RIP children, you're not forgotten
  4. I still remember listening to the news and hearing as the true horror unfolded. My thoughts are with the community there.
  5. It's incidents like this that make you realise you are human despite the inhuman behaviour of a tiny minority. A sad day for Scotland and a sad day for all of us.
  6. I've got tears in my eyes just thinking about it, I feel cheated that the cowardly 5hit took his own life.
  7. Very sad day. I remember the cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door. Very poignant.