Dumb newbie question

Im currently an AI bit newish to the ACF im moving house about 40 miles away from the detatchment. Just wondering when I put the change of address in whats the chances of me ending up being asked to move to a closer det; which I dont want to as I like where I am.

No if i was really going to do a wah i would ask how to join 49 para. I know it sound like a bloody dumb question, but if they arnt asked how else do you find out the answer to these things.

So i take it where you live doesnt influence where you go.

Nutter said:
No if i was really going to do a wah i would ask how to join 49 para. I know it sound like a bloody dumb question, but if they arnt asked how else do you find out the answer to these things.

So i take it where you live doesnt influence where you go.
Don't be stupid! You can't just 'join' 49 Para... Just to be invited to apply, you'd have to get an A grading on your Under-water Knife Fighting Course or something similar.

I have a detachment less than 5 mins walk from where I live but was asked to go to one 30 mins drive away.

It all depends on if they have a greater need of AIs in a closer detachment, whether they are happy to pay you the extra travel costs, etc etc.