Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb Millennials getting Gen Z tattoo before realising it's actually a Nazi symbol

I remembered something from nearly 20 years ago we went on holiday to some place near Cancun with a stop over in Mexico City... We ordered a few drinks in a bar in the airport on the stop over and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the bill.. I thought it was in US Dollars but I didn't know the Mexican Peso used the same symbol... I made a right twat of myself when I pulled the barman in a panic over the bill...

I had the same shock the first time I went to Beirut.

I had a few beers in an English pub. I asked for the bill and the English barmaid said "Thirty pounds". I nearly crapped myself (this was in 1975 so it seemed a bit pricey for a few beers).

"Thirty bleeding quid for a few beers".

"No. Not thirty quid you twat.. Thirty Lebanese pounds (livre)".

Phew. This was about a fiver. Still a bit pricey for the time though.

wheel

LE
THOUSANDS of TikTok users have got a "Gen Z" tattoo before realising it's actually a NAZI symbol.

A movement started on the social media platform has gone horribly wrong, after teens got tattooed with a white supremacy symbol, thinking it was just a fun design.

The likeness of the Z with a line through it, which smoothavocado envisaged as her dream tattoo, to the wolfsangel symbol, linked to the Nazis and other white supremacy groups, is startling.

I love it when the snowflake generation self-own..

But on a serious note, I have always wrote my Z's like that with a line through.. I think its because my mother was a Polish immigrant and thats how she taught me...
You should have used the @jarrod248 (search cause you're a sprog) button.

I write my Z with a vertical line through to distinguish it from a 2. 1 is written as a vertical line with a horizontal base and 5 has a short dash under it to distinguish from S. As taught in Analysis and Live Logging classes, back in 't day.

Even 1f hand wr1tten, 5urely the pre5sence 0f number5 1n a word i5 a pretty g00d 1ndicat10n?

I can remember in the mid 80s, there was a business in Willenhall (between Wolvo and Walsall, not the Coventry suburb) that I used to drive, or get the bus past a lot, called Lockwell Lectrics Limited. The logo was a bit like this.

1601203197310.png

It stayed like that for years. No idea why they changed it. Did someone point it out to the similarities to the South African neo-Nazi and far-right music Blood & Honour logo?

However if you want to get a few Swastika tats to piss them off, then go for it.

A lot of Indians will love you for it anyway, not to mention students of Ancient Rome.

Its a good luck symbol in the former and no idea in the latter coz I isn’t one.

My teenage years being the 70s I witnessed the peak of abominable clothing horrors actually worn by people in public thinking they were "it" without the slightest hint of embarrassment and not even pretending they were simply off to a fancy dress party etc.

Thats happens now and has happened from about the 60s when people could afford the latest fashion, it must be cool if everyone is doing it. Punk, new romantic, Bermuda shorts, those weird trousers that are 5 inches too short, curtains, top knots etc

A lot of Indians will love you for it anyway, not to mention students of Ancient Rome.

Its a good luck symbol in the former and no idea in the latter coz I isn’t one.
I'm sure that will be of great comfort to him when he's getting filled in by Antifa.

My right on niece, not a military historian, commissioned tee shirts for a beach holiday that effectively identified all wearers as past members of the Deutsches Afrika Korps. Perhaps appropriate given the sand.

Back to the unfortunate tattoo, they could always get it removed with a hot iron, or was that just The Odessa File?

Or a 9 Iron.

I can help here.

I'm sure that will be of great comfort to him when he's getting filled in by Antifa.

I hadn’t considered that. Silly me.

Maple

LE
I hate to tell you guys but its not that similar - and the story's from the Sun. Back in the day I'd be kicked out the Int cell for turning-up pissed if I quoted the Sun as a source on anything more than Sam Fox's vital statistics......

Some examples

1601204494589.png

And this

1601204652440.png

Do not equal this

1601204579221.png

Last edited:
Was not aware of this and I consider my self a bit clued up on this sort of thing, 18 Adolf Hitler, 88 Heil Hitler, etc.

Ultimately they are dicks for getting a tattoo with words, symbols or foreign writing, it never ends well.
Me too. I live in Germany and do not recall having seen the symbol.

I remembered something from nearly 20 years ago we went on holiday to some place near Cancun with a stop over in Mexico City... We ordered a few drinks in a bar in the airport on the stop over and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the bill.. I thought it was in US Dollars but I didn't know the Mexican Peso used the same symbol... I made a right twat of myself when I pulled the barman in a panic over the bill...

You‘d have been able to pay in USD if you hadn’t spunked all your dosh on flying to Mexico City, only to fly halfway back again to get to CannedC#nt. (Assuming you are Europe based).

I hate to tell you guys but its not that similar - and the story's from the Sun. Back in the day I'd be kicked out the Int cell for turning-up pissed if I quoted the Sun as a source on anything more than Sam Fox's vital statistics......

Some examples

View attachment 507682

And this

View attachment 507683

Do not equal this

View attachment 507684

Looks pretty similar to me? In a lobsters and apples sense at the very least?

But then I’m not very intelligent.

Even 1f hand wr1tten, 5urely the pre5sence 0f number5 1n a word i5 a pretty g00d 1ndicat10n?
At 00:01z Chop to Freq Desig:X5S152

It is in a clear body of text like yours.

The problem comes with alphameric strings like 1OO2200ASS055

When I was a student I used to work as a computer tape librarian for my previous employer during the holidays.

O and 0 were identified by a diagonal slash on the zero. That was the standard in IT for many years.

Any confusion over O/0, 2/7, 5/S 1/I could mean a tape was misplaced in storage. As the company was the world's largest user of tapes outside of the US Government it could take two weeks to locate a misplaced tape.

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
You‘d have been able to pay in USD if you hadn’t spunked all your dosh on flying to Mexico City, only to fly halfway back again to get to CannedC#nt. (Assuming you are Europe based).

We where living in France at the time... Air France flight to Mexico city then an internal flight to Cancun... We stayed in Puerto Aventuras well away from that shithole Cancun..

Latest Threads