Dumb but pertinent...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Gunner_Troopie, Jun 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the ideal hair length for a chap not to get shouted at by the Sandhurst DS?

Tar

I

2. No shorter than Grade 3 while I was there - and definitely no 'sidies' or other scruffy civilian affectations! :D

3. I had a 3 all over then 1 on sides and back no one said anything, and it made life easier. With how dirty, hot and sweaty you get

4. good plan that man, i like your thinking:)

5. Going to Sandhurst in Jan - will a no. 2 all over do?!

TJ

6. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

If you are attending in Jan the first thing you should do is RTFQ (READ THE FCUKING QUESTION!), which has been answered for you on this very page.

Incidentally DS everywhere just love stupid questions like that, I think you should save a few up for when you get there. :D :wink:

7. hehe will do soldier why

things like, so blanks, they cant really hurt anyone huh?:D

i

8. I don't think that there is anything, short of actually being commissioned, which will stop the DS at Sandhurst from shouting at you.

As for haircuts, turn up with a neat 'short back and sides' and you will be OK. I would predict a relatively hard time for anyone turning up with a 'No 2 all over' as the DS will suggest that it isn't terribly 'officer-like'. Dunno if they still do it, but we all got a savaging from the Academy barber in the first couple of days which rendered the haircut we'd arrived in irrelevant.

Sandhurst is certainly not the place to play the grey man, but conversely, making a big effort to get noticed on the first day would be a mistake!

9. If you are planning to have a holiday in the sun before going to Sandhurst, I suggest you get your cut before you go on holiday. When I went to Dartmouth one of my colleagues ended up with a pale white line all round his hairline after the college barber had got to him.

10. When I was there we had one of the guys on the course with alapeccia ('scuse spelling - not a hair on his entire body) and they still made him sit in front of the barber and pay the man for a `haircut`. Everybody got one!!

11. theres good plan, plead alopecia and bic my hair every day, all over, erm, ouch

12. Can you confirm you're still going? Not planning for Jan myself but we've been told it's been cancelled. If not, might be worth letting the lads know so they can ask the powers that be to find out for them.

13. H3

H3 LE

As your subject states........Dumb, not another one on his merry way , think before opening your mouth as the DS will take a shine to you :roll: